Jun 13 2013
By: roastbeefandpot First Son 3 posts

What makes ps4 great

11 replies 1618 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

I am just trying to figure out since I have always been a sony guy since psx. What is it that is making people so excited for ps4? Everyone is saying it stomped xbox one yet xbox one can do everything and ps4 is basically just a graphic and speed upgrade from ps3. From what I have seen it does not do anything impressive or new like xbox one. Which from what I seen was something that can do everything. I was just curious because I missed most of E3

Message 1 of 12 (1,618 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20482 posts

Re: What makes ps4 great

Jun 13, 2013
Welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

If you want to know why people are so highly against the Xbox One, it's because of several factors. The main issues stem from the fact that the console needs to be online once every 24 hours (1 hour if not your main Xbox) to even play games, it's killing the used game market by locking others using the used game by making you pay a fee, and that people are really against all of these restrictions.

There are more in-depth reasons to read about, though. I suggest you search around the net to find more info.
Message 2 of 12 (1,337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I understood that much but if you have internet not being able to borrow games is not that much to give up considering all the amazing things the device can do. I don't want to convert to xbox I love sony so much but you really can't compare the two systems xbox one can do so much more as far as entertainment and motion is concerned.

Message 3 of 12 (1,233 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

roastbeefandpot wrote:

I understood that much but if you have internet not being able to borrow games is not that much to give up considering all the amazing things the device can do. I don't want to convert to xbox I love sony so much but you really can't compare the two systems xbox one can do so much more as far as entertainment and motion is concerned.

Each one will (once again) come with its own pros and cons. Just like PS3 and 360.

Neither console will be THE one to buy. It's all about preference.

Buy the console you believe will make you the most happy.

Or, if you can afford it, pick them both up. Smiley Happy

PS4 will be my first purchase, but I do plan on getting an Xbox One down the road.

I'm a gamer. I love games. And both have stuff to offer.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 12 (812 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

No console DRM (maybe only online passes for the online portion of games; left up to publishers like this gen)

No 24hr check in

Can play games offline (I live in a hurricane/tropical storm prone area)

Can buy used games

Can lend/borrow games (which is big to me, because me and a buddy do this a lot)

Can rent games

Can privately sell my games to a friend, or ebay, or craigslist etc and get more money, instead of getting ripped off by Gamestop etc.

More powerful hardware than Xbox One

$100 cheaper

Best overall bang for your buck with no BS restrictions

And games; Sony's first party studios are the much better than Xbox's

Message 5 of 12 (257 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 13, 2013

But it is all nothing new nothing has changed. I get the cons of xbox one but it can do so many new and exciting things entertainment wise. The new playstation has nothing really new except sounds like they are getting alot more games for it.

Message 6 of 12 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Then why are you here ???? You feel that way then fine but coming here to ask us a question you already have answered for yourself doesn't make sense. The PlayStation 4 is a huge upgrade over the PlayStation 3. What you fail to see is the difference between the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Stop making this a comparison between the Xbox One system and the PlayStation 4 system. People have there reason for wanting to jump ship and go PlayStation 4 this Gen. The PlayStation 4 has more Ram memory which in turns gives you alot more features and functions compared to the PlayStation 3. It has a more unique interface within the OS and will hopefully deliver a much needed improved PSN experience. People who have had the PlayStation 3 for more then 5 years all almost agree its time for some better hardware. As myself I embrace the upgraded graphics and can't wait to get my hands on the PlayStation 4 when it comes out.

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 7 of 12 (111 Views)
Sackboy
437 posts

Jun 13, 2013

roastbeefandpot wrote:

But it is all nothing new nothing has changed. I get the cons of xbox one but it can do so many new and exciting things entertainment wise. The new playstation has nothing really new except sounds like they are getting alot more games for it.

It's supposed to be a gaming device first, and everything else comes second. That's its job is to play games. Xbox One does nothing new on the gaming end either. I don't give a crap about the entertainment/app side FWIW. I definitely don't want a camera forced down my throat. I'm glad Sony didn't include the camera, because all it would have done is made the price go up.

Message 8 of 12 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Also I don't want to talk to my Xbox one, I would feel like a right **bleep**. If I want to talk I will talk to my mates. At the moment Xbox one is an all round entertainment machine ps4 is games first n foremost and after all, we are all gamers and we don't purchase these things to watch tv. Ps4 appeals to the gamer community n puts us first which is why a hell of a lot of people are jumping ship
Message 9 of 12 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jun 13, 2013
@deaofly Kudos for you dude , well said Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes