First Son
3 posts

Re: What made me stop playing COD

Feb 21, 2014
I've played all the COD's and they killed it with Ghosts. I got the game and couldnt wait to play. It looks like they stepped back into time' was I playing Ghosts or MW3. The story should have been the best so far but they got it wrong big style. The multiplayer is no better. The patches you unlock are really poo. I've gone over to Battlefield 4 and its so much more then cod could ever be. I'm playing on the PS4 and that didnt improve cod any more. Sorty guys but your game sucks. Never buy another Call Of Duty again EVER.
Message 11 of 56 (1,344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 21, 2014
**bleep**
Message 12 of 56 (1,334 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4535 posts

Feb 21, 2014

The only COD games I haver ever bought were COD4 and MW2 and I was done wit COD after that, it was the same game year after year just new maps and a new single player story that like what only 10% of COD players actually play? yeah I think i'll stop paying $60 for new map packs lol

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 13 of 56 (1,325 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2014

I'm sincerely disappointed that people here would make fun of someone because they live in a trailer... but anyway, on topic:

I agree with most of what you said, OP. Personally, I have not bought a CoD game since MW3. Shockingly, I actually play the CoD games for the story -- the MP is usually just the cherry on top. Black Ops 2's story did not interest me at all and when I heard Ghosts' campaign was very short, it was not a difficult decision to just skip that installment as well.

I'm hoping that Treyarch or Sledgehammer (or both?) will do something special with the next CoD to make me want to whip $60 out of my wallet, but the pessimist in my thinks otherwise. It seems like the creative talents of Infinity Ward were fired, considering some of those people went on to help create "Titanfall," which is something fresh, that in my opinion, will be a CoD killer for Xbox Live this year. But, we shall see.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 14 of 56 (1,319 Views)
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Feb 21, 2014
I did the same exact thing you. I've been buying CoD every year and finally decided to buy a Battlefield game this year too and I couldn't believe how much better bf4 was compared to Ghosts. Everything about bf4 is better then what Ghosts has besides the campaign. I actually really enjoyed the Ghosts campaign but the online is horrible compared to bf4. There was no change at all from last gen and bf4 has a **bleep** load of changes for the PS4 and Xbox One. Never thought I'd say a Battlefield game would be better then a CoD game.
PSN: RedPats

Message 15 of 56 (1,304 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Feb 21, 2014

wait wait what is battlefield running at? 900P and your talking smack on ghost 1080p 60fps? c'on lol 

Won the ps4 From taco bell!
eGe EV][L GA/\/\][NG E/\/\P][RE
Message 16 of 56 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Feb 21, 2014

EVILEMPIRE951 wrote:

wait wait what is battlefield running at? 900P and your talking smack on ghost 1080p 60fps? c'on lol 

In classic style, **bleep** the haters.

If you have fun playing a game, who cares.

& if CoD was so garbage, thousands of people wouldn't be buying it. Just an FYI.

And another note, before you say that all those people who keep buying CoD are stupid and just bandwagoning, here's an idea. Maybe they are good at the game and you are not. They like the game cause of what it offers and they know it won't be too different from the other CoDs, which A LOT of people like. 

Changes aren't always good, ya know.

Anyways I'm not replying anymore after this. If people want to hate on CoD, go right ahead. You're entitled to. But don't trash talk 1 game and ignore another game's faults in order to praise it (in this case, BF4). 

Later gator.

Message 17 of 56 (1,288 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 21, 2014

I was done after mw2. Call of duty ghosts is for people who werent bored with call of duty years ago. There's always gonna be new 12 year olds who's mommy and daddy bought them their first console and are new to cod. Nothing lasts forever. Enjoy it while u can.

Message 18 of 56 (1,286 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Feb 21, 2014

frylock98 wrote:

So I bought Ghosts because I like to go to the midnight release every year, and I played it for a little while, and I must say to put it simply, it is garbage

Thats why I stopped playing ghosts,  I still like the some of the other call of duty games (mw2, black ops, and world at war.)  I'm hoping Treyarch makes another good one, blops 2 was fine, I just hope they dont go overboard with nerfing the UAV even more in their next game.  

Ghosts is the worst call of duty I've ever played, almost the worst game I've ever played(multiplayer wise).   Activision needs to fire people.  I can't phathom why its so hard for CoD devs to figure out what their fans like and what ruins their game.  What ruins Ghosts the most IMO is the perk system.  Everybody, or almost everybody(at least 5 out of the 6 people on the enemy team) run the Off the Grid perk.  Making the "SatComs" completely useless.  I haven't tried to get good ghosts like I have other CoD's because this, in my eyes, promotes one thing.  CAMPERS.  Its just dumb, whats the point of me calling in a satcom for literally nobody to show up on radar.  The maps are all garbage.  

Which brings up another discussion.  Is it really that hard to make a good Call of Duty map?  Like ffs just have some people play it and tell you if they like it.  every call of duty since Modern Warfare 2 has got worse maps, with the worst being Ghosts.  MW2 had like a very distinct visual style and it easy to see enemies, in Ghosts everybody just blends in with everything because its all so bland.  Who was in charge of this game? This MILLION dollar franchise has some of the worst publisher and developers ever I guess.  I would love to work for a studio given the task to make this game.   I would do it for almost nothing just so I could have a new CoD that didnt completely suck.   

You can say I just suck at Ghosts and thats why  I dont like it so much but honestly I guess I'd partly agree with that, I do nowhere near as good in Ghosts as I do in the other CoDs and when I'm just kind of doing ok and being camped on by a whole team in TDM it makes the game not  very fun.  I've gone games in Black ops 1 where I was 50-1 in team deathmatch which only goes to 75 kills.   I got so hooked on CoD because of how fast paced it was, I was playing W@W today and actually got in a lobby with people and it was amazing to get a spy plane and actually be able to see the whole enemy team on it or 5 out of the 6 of  them.  Yea that game had juggernaut and mp40s were annoying. but perks like stopping power I feel like almost balanced the game out, if you wanted to use coldblooded you had to put yourself at a disadvantage.  

I really like the battlefield series, have been playing them for a long time too.  Bad Company 2 is still my favorite one, I've been playing bf4 a lot and it's amazing how much better of a game it is.   It is pretty much the only ps4 game I've been playing,  I have Killzone Shadowfall, which is a huge letdown to me as well.  Killzone Mercenary,  the vita game, is more fun to me that that "Killzone".  It's nothing like the other games but in a bad way. The stupid visual filters make the game annoying to look at, and it seems way to laggy for some reason(only ps4 game I notice lag on that isn't like bf4 server issues).  I really enjoyed Killzone 3, and I really enjoy Killzone Mercenary. long for the day I get to play a playstation only multiplayer game where you CANT kill an enemy and them kill you at the same time.  

Uncharted has this, resistance has this, killzone has this, and the last of us has this.  Yea its just lag but there should be a way to fix it, I have never, EVER had it happen to me on Call of Duty.  on any of them.  (I am talking about straight up shooting eachother at the sametime not like throwing a grenade or shooting a rocket or something like that).

Message 19 of 56 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Feb 21, 2014

DaCrazyHun wrote:

frylock98 wrote:

A question to anyone that still likes Cod, you really should consider swithcing, I mean how can you look at the above and say "Oh, Call of Duty is a way more fun game, I'd rather play that and camp and lag and quickscope all day."? Seriously, how do you actually still enjoy that garbage with this kind of comparison? InfinityWard, I'm done with you. Treyarch,you're going deeper in the water too (BF4 deep, not Ghosts deep.), so you'll probably be thrown out too very soon. Thank you, that is all.

Sorry but if you're trying to hate on CoD, save it.

First off, theres NO lag. The framerates may drop but its for about 1 second and then it goes back to normal. The difference between PS3 CoD and PS4 CoD is substantial. So entirely depends on what console you're using. Next up, its a different play style. CoD is a run and gun type of game. If you don't like campers, too bad. Learn to kill them or not die as much. Normally, the people who QQ about CoD are often times the ones who are complete garbage in terms of skill level. Therefore they find the need to insult and bash it and get other people to side with them in hopes of convincing themselves that they are right and everyone else is wrong. 

Sure the maps from CoD and BF4 are different. And a huge difference. But that doesn't take away from what CoD has to offer. 

BF4 has a **bleep** ton of issues, CoD has none. You can mention all the **bleep** things about CoD but I get this feeling you deliberately didn't mention the BF4 issues so that people can side with you. Talk more about the corrupt save files, or your MP progress being reset on you or the game crashing randomly, or how about the lag spikes? If you want to talk about lag, BRING UP BF4. 

BF4 and CoD Ghosts are BOTH great games.

How you play them influences your decision over them. I hated BF4 online at the start, I played 2 games and didn't play it for the next month and a half cause I didn't really feel comfortable. Tried it again a week or so ago and I'm loving it. But with that said, it takes NOTHING away from CoD. CoD has the best online ever. No matter how you put it, they have it nearly perfected. Everything is tidy, organized and clean. Easily seen, easy to find or check on loadouts, etc. Joining games and inviting friends to your party is 10x easier then BF4 as well. 

Might I add, the Ghost storyline was great. Whoever says it isn't, IDK what you consider great. If you consider BF4's story to be better than Ghost's, well ...sorry but nah. If anything I'd say they are equally great. The ending of BF4 sucked IMO, and the Ghost ending was great as I wasn't expecting it at all and it also confirms that there will be a sequel to Ghosts. So yeah, say what you want. MP functions 10x better on CoD then it does on BF4. Fact.

Anyways with all this said, I just figured I'd defend CoD a bit. Cause its not that bad. Unless you suck. And if you suck, go return the game cause it aint for you. Matter of the fact is, you don't like CoD. We get it.

But bashing it and ignoring all of BF4's issues is pretty ignorant and close minded.

Peace.

you make good points about the lag part.  Thats what I like about all of the call of duty games that I've had is the only lag is usually do to a bad host.  Which the game usually fixes anyways.  But this "CoD is a run and gun type of game. If you don't like campers, too bad. Learn to kill them or not die as much. Normally, the people who QQ about CoD are often times the ones who are complete garbage in terms of skill level. " people cry about campers because(talking about Ghosts and the most recent versions of CoD) the devs are making the game easier for them.  Go play World at war, its a lot harder to camp in that game and be successful with your match, and if you're camping and doing good then you're probably pretty good at the game.  I can watch one of my friends who even knows how bad he is at the game camp in Black ops 2 and Ghosts and just get awesome scores because its almost down to a science.  They keep removing the negatives of camping, and that is a problem. What I find said is that there is even campers in CRANKED the one gamemode I thought was going to be just the run and gun playstyle I actually play the game at. but nope.   Also a new addition to ghosts was ability to peek around corners. Infinity ward couldnt even use that tech to do something useful like be able to be on crouch behind cover and peek over it(like bf4).  

You say BF4 has a ton of issues, which it does I'm not trying to say it doesnt (the op is though I think though) COD has none though??  really thats a pretty strong statement considering it has a ton!   SPAWNS.  Most the maps are too big, the ps4 version of the game in my playtime does have frame rate issues at times(not as common as other games but still in issue), the spawns are awful, and the game is poorly balanced.  They took out modes people liked such as capture the flag, your MILITARY soldier can't swim, thats almost a joke.

the game has a very bland visual style which makes it a lot harder to see people, I guess this could go with my "lack of skill" but considering I never had this problem in other call of duty's I consider it a huge problem in this one. Everything, from the ground, to the buildings, to the soldiers, is the game greys and beige bland color, everything blends to well together its just not very good compared to previous games.  

And to the final thing I highlighted I don't think either of them are great games, I think they both prove that gaming gianst like EA and Activision can ship out half-assed garbage and it will still sell.  They might be good games, they might be OKAY games but they are nowhere near as good as their previous games.  Ghosts is nowhere even close to Modern Warfare 1, Modern Warfare 2 or Black ops.  It is a terrible game compared to those. BF4 has bugs that were in BF3, that is just pathetic.  The point of sequels should be to improve, not to take steps backwards.  BF4 is missing standard features like being able to party up or "squad up" before joining a lobby.  Because that feature has only been in games for how long now? like almost 10 years. 

Message 20 of 56 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes