Feb 20 2014
By: frylock98 Sackboy 432 posts

What made me stop playing COD

[ Edited ]
55 replies 564 views Edited Feb 21, 2014

So I bought Ghosts because I like to go to the midnight release every year, and I played it for a little while, and I must say to put it simply, it is garbage. Seriously, I can see the lack of any effort to make it a good game. Around the time I also started playing GTA 5 online and The Last of Us multiplayer. TLOU is amazing and addicting, and while GTA is very messy, it is still sometimes fun to mess around in and at least Rockstar was trying to make it work well. They made me realize how crappy Ghosts is and made me not want to touch it, so I didn't. But here is what really sealed the deal. I just got BF4 a few days ago, and it is replacing tlou as my favorite game. Now, I'm just going to summarize the best comparison between Battlefield and Ghosts that I can, which is very hard.

Cod's idea of a water map: Half of the map is submerged in water (which is a few square feet because it is the size of my house, and I live in a trailer.) Be careful, because if you fall in then you can sink... and then drown. Luckily you can use it to your advantage by... by... um. uhhhhhhh. Well I'm sure you can get creative with it somehow. Fun, right?

Meanwhile, Battlefield's idea of a water map: You are in a city that is a very urban environment. At any time during the match you can activate a levy that floods the city streets in water, making tanks useless and now you have to get around by boat. Luckily, you can use this to your advantage by swimming around stealthily and popping up on enemies, diving down when you need to avoid enemy fire. Or sniping unsuspecting targets in the water from the safe high rooftops of the many buildings that can be destroyed with a helicopter to your advantage, or a tank - oh wait, they have to retreat to the highway to escape the flooding, but they can still take targets in the water out and maybe some snipers.

Cod's idea of a console upgrade. Graphics. And um. ummm. uhhhhhhhh.

Battlefield's idea of a console upgrade: 40 more players, maps that are already huge are even bigger.

A question to anyone that still likes Cod, you really should consider swithcing, I mean how can you look at the above and say "Oh, Call of Duty is a way more fun game, I'd rather play that and camp and lag and quickscope all day."? Seriously, how do you actually still enjoy that garbage with this kind of comparison? InfinityWard, I'm done with you. Treyarch,you're going deeper in the water too (BF4 deep, not Ghosts deep.), so you'll probably be thrown out too very soon. Thank you, that is all.

-Commander ModernMax, General of the USMC Offensive Operations.

Edit: Removed Games & Platforms label

Message 1 of 56 (564 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6112 posts

Re: What made me stop playing COD

Feb 20, 2014

I've been done with Infinity Ward. They're garbage. I'm still willing to give Treyarch another shot. I've enjoyed most of their games. Treyarch needs to step it up and reintroduce vehicles again. I'm thinking they'll have a better game because they're going to have more time to focus on these newer consoles and what they're capable of. I've always played both BF and COD but really gotten tired of all the stuipid gimmicks with COD and quickscoping crap and all around **bleep** doing stupid **bleep**.

Message 2 of 56 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3160 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2014

CoD's maps are set up precisely so you always have one or two blind spots to encourage kill trading. You kill one, you take one. You kill one, you take one. You might as well play Checkers.

Message 3 of 56 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2275 posts

Feb 21, 2014

well ghost looks far better then bf4 online so i like ghost im one of them quick snipers i hate bf4 trully but right now im into knack lol 

Won the ps4 From taco bell!
eGe EV][L GA/\/\][NG E/\/\P][RE
Message 4 of 56 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3216 posts

Feb 21, 2014
Sorry, stopped reading after you said treyarch is going deeper in the water too.
Message 5 of 56 (433 Views)
Naughty Paw
20404 posts

Feb 21, 2014

EVILEMPIRE951 wrote:

well ghost looks far better then bf4 online

1382028848263.gif

Message 6 of 56 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1752 posts

Feb 21, 2014
How did you afford a ps4?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 56 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3216 posts

Feb 21, 2014
@Aaron1664

He salvages shopping carts, and sells off spare parts and scrap metal.
Message 8 of 56 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 21, 2014

I can't blame you.  I didn't even buy Ghosts and won't.  This will be the first COD I have not purchased.  Treyarch is Call of Duty now and COD 4: Modern Warfare is my favorite FPS of all time.  After Activision fired Vince Zampela and Jason West those games have declined except for Treyarch's Black Ops games.  Infinity Ward is now Respawn Entertainment and look what they are up to now.  Changing how we play FPS again!  Battlefield 4 has some technical issues, but at its core is a great game.  Call of Duty will have to adapt or die, because BF4 and Titanfall are changing how we play console FPS.

Message 9 of 56 (304 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2014

frylock98 wrote:

A question to anyone that still likes Cod, you really should consider swithcing, I mean how can you look at the above and say "Oh, Call of Duty is a way more fun game, I'd rather play that and camp and lag and quickscope all day."? Seriously, how do you actually still enjoy that garbage with this kind of comparison? InfinityWard, I'm done with you. Treyarch,you're going deeper in the water too (BF4 deep, not Ghosts deep.), so you'll probably be thrown out too very soon. Thank you, that is all.

Sorry but if you're trying to hate on CoD, save it.

First off, theres NO lag. The framerates may drop but its for about 1 second and then it goes back to normal. The difference between PS3 CoD and PS4 CoD is substantial. So entirely depends on what console you're using. Next up, its a different play style. CoD is a run and gun type of game. If you don't like campers, too bad. Learn to kill them or not die as much. Normally, the people who QQ about CoD are often times the ones who are complete garbage in terms of skill level. Therefore they find the need to insult and bash it and get other people to side with them in hopes of convincing themselves that they are right and everyone else is wrong. 

Sure the maps from CoD and BF4 are different. And a huge difference. But that doesn't take away from what CoD has to offer. 

BF4 has a **bleep** ton of issues, CoD has none. You can mention all the **bleep** things about CoD but I get this feeling you deliberately didn't mention the BF4 issues so that people can side with you. Talk more about the corrupt save files, or your MP progress being reset on you or the game crashing randomly, or how about the lag spikes? If you want to talk about lag, BRING UP BF4. 

BF4 and CoD Ghosts are BOTH great games. How you play them influences your decision over them. I hated BF4 online at the start, I played 2 games and didn't play it for the next month and a half cause I didn't really feel comfortable. Tried it again a week or so ago and I'm loving it. But with that said, it takes NOTHING away from CoD. CoD has the best online ever. No matter how you put it, they have it nearly perfected. Everything is tidy, organized and clean. Easily seen, easy to find or check on loadouts, etc. Joining games and inviting friends to your party is 10x easier then BF4 as well. 

Might I add, the Ghost storyline was great. Whoever says it isn't, IDK what you consider great. If you consider BF4's story to be better than Ghost's, well ...sorry but nah. If anything I'd say they are equally great. The ending of BF4 sucked IMO, and the Ghost ending was great as I wasn't expecting it at all and it also confirms that there will be a sequel to Ghosts. So yeah, say what you want. MP functions 10x better on CoD then it does on BF4. Fact.

Anyways with all this said, I just figured I'd defend CoD a bit. Cause its not that bad. Unless you suck. And if you suck, go return the game cause it aint for you. Matter of the fact is, you don't like CoD. We get it.

But bashing it and ignoring all of BF4's issues is pretty ignorant and close minded.

Peace.

Message 10 of 56 (293 Views)
0 Likes