Jun 14 2013
By: battleapache First Son 1 posts

What is wrong with my ps3

2 replies 201 views Edited Jun 14, 2013
I was playing MLB 13 the show and all of the sudden it froze and wouldn't un freeze for 20 min so I turned it off and turned it back on after 10 min and it works but it won't read any of my discs what can I do to fix it
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Re: What is wrong with my ps3

Jun 14, 2013

Sounds like your database may have corrupted somehow. 

Access the recovery menu and rebuild it. Here is how:

1. First thing to do is access the PS3 Safe Mode or PS3 Recovery Menu.

2. Turn off your PS3 so you see that glowing red light we are all familiar with.

3. Turn on your PS3 and HOLD the power button. Keep holding until it turns off.

4. Now turn it on again but this time it will be a little different. Press and hold the power button and you will hear. 1 Beep …. 1 Beep …..

then 2 quick Beeps at this point release the power button. If you release it to late it will just turn off again. Return to step 2 if this happens.

5. You will be greeted with a screen asking you to connect a controller with a USB cable.

pppp

6. Welcome to the PS3 Recovery Menu you’ve made it! Select option 4 “Rebuild Database” and press X. 

7. After pressing X you will see this screen. Just select Yes to continue. Anyway after pressing X your PS3 will reboot.

gtt

8. If you have a HDMI cable you’ll see this screen. Obviously select yes. If you connect your PS3 another way you’ll get a simliar screen. Just select yes.

ggrggr

9. Press X and sit back and wait for a few minutes and let it do it’s magic.

rr

10. The rebuild database in action, pretty exciting eh? Like I said earlier this took about 5 minutes for me.

ps

11. After it’s complete your PS3 will reboot and your hard drive will be as happy as Sackboy is above!

NOTE: You do NOT lose any essential data. The only thing you lose is custom playlists, messages. 

Also note, DO NOT turn the system off at any time during this, or it will corrupt it even worse.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it does. 

All credits to this guide: http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/tips-and-tricks-ps3-rebuild-database-faq-recovery-menu/ 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2785 posts

Re: What is wrong with my ps3

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

That happened to me. There could be something wrong with the lens. The solution could be as simple as cleaning or as complicated as replacing the lens.

For me, all I had to do was clean it. I opened it up guided by a video on youtube and cleaned it with a cotton swab and 90% Isopropyl Alcohol. There are also lenses on ebay if that doesn't work. Or you can just get it repaired if you aren't the DIY type.

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (192 Views)
0 Likes