Fender Bender
4010 posts

Re: What is the barcode used for in Vita

Dec 5, 2012
Every electronic device since the Commodore or later now has a digital serial number.
Message 11 of 17 (324 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10446 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Worst case if you need the Vita to be fixed by Sony. If still under warenty. Sony may not honor the waranty due to the seriel number has been removed from the unit. Yes you can get it serviced of broken but you may need to pay for it.

Message 12 of 17 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2728 posts

Dec 5, 2012

VenomyPoiseny wrote:

My Barcode sticker took off and I'm mad and sad lol 

Will it interfer with anything?

Pretty much what everyone else has said AND you wont be able to trade in your VITA.
Your best bet is to try to sell it on the streets and use that money towards a new VITA, unless if dont plan on ever trading it in for a new model in the futur and hope your VITA doesnt breakdown on u. Good luck!

Message 13 of 17 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4010 posts

Dec 5, 2012
I guess it depends on your GS or other retailer. This is my 2nd Vita, and my first Vita's barcode came.off due to it.sliding off via heat. And they still took it back because they had it logged into their computers when.I uses my GS card. Like.I said before, all electronics have a digital barcode.
Message 14 of 17 (301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:
I guess it depends on your GS or other retailer. This is my 2nd Vita, and my first Vita's barcode came.off due to it.sliding off via heat. And they still took it back because they had it logged into their computers when.I uses my GS card. Like.I said before, all electronics have a digital barcode.

Yes in my experience it does depend on the GS employee's. I've tried bringing in 2 of my old NDS lites with the original boxes and like the TC the stickers had (due to sweat) come off. Despite the fact i had all the things, they refused to take them.

"We have no way of proving those belong to those units"

That is a direct qoute, and i spent the better part of 15 minutes arguing with them about the digital barcode. In the end I left in disgust, and filed a complaint against them.

Message 15 of 17 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 7, 2013

How about creating a new barcode with a barcode tool?

Message 16 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 10, 2014

can this be available ?

Message 17 of 17 (130 Views)
0 Likes