Mar 25 2014
By: xTOMMYTROJANx Fender Bender 4754 posts

What is going on with Driveclub?

[ Edited ]
41 replies 429 views Edited Mar 26, 2014

Just as it says. Sure the layoffs with restrucuring I get from a business exec I get but now the game director has left http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/25/report-driveclub-director-has-left-evolution-s...

So is it safe to assume that were not getting t his game this year?

Mod Edit: Removed New and Announcements label. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TheTwistedCanuck

Message 1 of 42 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: What is going on with Driveclub?

Mar 25, 2014

I assume they are now going to launch it alongside Project Morpheus before GDC 2015. With full VR support that is truly innovative.

Message 2 of 42 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 26, 2014

Quicksilver752 wrote:

I assume they are now going to launch it alongside Project Morpheus before GDC 2015. With full VR support that is truly innovative.

The games development has NOTHING to do Project Morpheus.

The game will release THIS YEAR.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 42 (400 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Mar 26, 2014

Morpheus is a LONG way off. I expect this game or the next Gran Turismo to utilize VR, but I doubt it being the reason for the setbacks. 

This seems to be a new trend. Indie games allow freedom and creativity and are more accessbile than ever with the consoles making it easier to get games put on their marketplaces. 

Obviously, DC has some sort of restructuring going on. Do we know what it is? No. I assume it is them adding more content and possibly having it take advantage of the PS4 more (60 FPS was stated as one of their goals prior to launch). Or perhaps they saw Forza and wanted to ensure their driving game outdid it. We will have to wait and see,

However, the indie trend is starting to bug me. I personally enjoy high production values. I like a good story and realism is important in characters. A fun gameplay mechanic wil only hold my attention for so long now without some other substance to go with it. I am not usually a fan of the popular indie games. I also feel there is a curve made for their reviews. Like they are given some extra praise or leeway just for being indie. Are they not fun? That is not really my point. I just feel their is a different scale for them. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 4 of 42 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Mar 26, 2014

Sony made a statement that evolution layoffs qill not delay driveclub any futher. So im assuming the next release annoucement will be the set in stone official release. According to ebgames they are still seeing a may release

Message 5 of 42 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

VAMPIRE____KING wrote:

Sony made a statement that evolution layoffs qill not delay driveclub any futher. So im assuming the next release annoucement will be the set in stone official release. According to ebgames they are still seeing a may release

That is likely a placeholder date. 

Message 6 of 42 (377 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6097 posts

Mar 26, 2014
Message 7 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25345 posts

Mar 26, 2014

drive club will be canceled. all this junk going on can not be good for it at all. a ps4 release date game that gets pushed back a year now they fire the head guy from there? it either really did go back to drawing board or is canceled.

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 42 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Mar 26, 2014

MIA_Philly wrote:

drive club will be canceled. all this junk going on can not be good for it at all. a ps4 release date game that gets pushed back a year now they fire the head guy from there? it either really did go back to drawing board or is canceled.

I highly doubt a cancellation. The game was set for launch and was delayed. The game was nearly finished. It is obvious that they wanted it to be a quality title and did not want it to be a poorly received launch game.

Message 9 of 42 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Mar 26, 2014

Well back to Gran Turismo Robot Sad

Message 10 of 42 (356 Views)
0 Likes