Jan 25 2014
By: lonewhitewolf1 I Only Post Everything 1070 posts

What if they make a Final Fantasy X-3?

[ Edited ]
8 replies 356 views Edited Jan 25, 2014

Ok this may sound really far fetched, but I am thinking about something... You know how they are remaking Final Fantasy X and X-2? Well what if they were preparing to make a Final Fantasy X-3? Yeah I know, the second game ruined the series for almost everyone (i am one of the few who enjoyed ffx-2) but, even though I would love a new game, how would they even continue? Tidus and Yuna are together, i know Rikku was promised a story but never done. So if square enix asked me to make it, I wouldnt continue with the calm or anything, the game would be a beginning of the link from final fantasy x to final fantasy 7 and end with a remake of that. just my thoughts though.

--

Meowstro Edit: Please note that the 'Games and Platforms' label should only be used for specific official [INFO] game-centric threads. More information about Labels.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 1 of 9 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2525 posts

Re: What if they make a Final Fantasy X-3?

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2014

its been years since they brought out FFX and FFX2, they were first brought out when PS3 was just realeased. and if they somehow do bring back a part in the series like that then they would break the old "we will not go backwards" statemant and by doing this they would finally HAVE TO re-make FF7 like everyone wants. but they won't. they will keep milking the other dead horse FF13..

Message 2 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Jan 25, 2014

I liked Final Fantasy X-2, though I didn't think it was nearly in the same boat as the incredibly unforgettable Final Fantasy X two years before it. From what I remember of the second one's story, this is what happened...

Spoiler

I didn't reach the perfect ending. As I understand it, you needed to buy the guide for the game in order to actually score the ending that resulted in Yuna reconnecting with the real Tidus again. For that, I didn't bother spending money on the guide booklet. Although, I did end up getting the strategy guide at a much later date after I had already beaten the game (I got it for free from some kind of service). Still, I never went back to playing the game, and have since lost the guide. My completion rate of the game fell somewhere at 76 or maybe 77%. I think this was considered to be the "bad" ending, or maybe just the default one?

Anyway, in my version I think what happened is that this was all a dream of a completely different Tidus/Yuna clone that she was seeing. In this sense, I don't think Square saw themselves as chasing after another sequel to the series. At that time it was still a completely new idea to actually start down the path of building a follow-up to an existing Final Fantasy story. I think they did a decent job, but most of the time it seems like doing the one and being done with it is usually the better option.

Message 3 of 9 (329 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1070 posts

Feb 14, 2016
Oh look they are remaking ff7 XD (sorry for ressurecting an old thread but i couldnt help it)

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 4 of 9 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1915 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2016

FFX is where the series started going downhill. They've all been a joke since and Square/Enix is currently in the process of ruining FFVII. I couldn't care less about a X-3. 

Garbage Wide photo Garbage wide resized_zpsb09ke73a.jpg
Message 5 of 9 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1070 posts

Feb 15, 2016
Imo ff11 is where it started but we all have different feelings on it

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 6 of 9 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1500 posts

Feb 15, 2016

FF13-FFLR was epic, if they  made FFX-3 i'd purchase it because some know greatness when they see it. FF13-FFLR gets bashed because it's not open word free roam or turned based. The map is point A. - Point B. but just because it's not FF7 standard or what some think is the definition of a FF game it gets the short end of the stick. The only bad FF is FF7, because it's the holy grail of not just FF but for every RPG in the history of RPG's. Every RPG is compared with FF7 and not just RPG's either, im talking RPG's, JRPG's, SRPG's and MMO's.  ..  Long live FF13-FFLR!!! Viva los FF8!!! FF7 lol 

Message 7 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1070 posts

Feb 15, 2016
Actually it follows most games they just took out the towns and villages. Imo it was more of an experiment of what they can and cant do.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 8 of 9 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5746 posts

Feb 15, 2016

Please make sure a thread is current/active before responding and necrobumping which is against the forum rules. Thread is now locked.

Message 9 of 9 (83 Views)