First Son
7 posts

Re: What happens to my PSN purchases?

Apr 8, 2011

I have searched frantically on articles and posts on this issue.  To my dismay, I have not found as many as I hoped.  I need to vent and at-least trick myself into thinking that I may help someone avoid the mistake of buying the so called "rights" to video content on the PSN.

Do not purchase any video content from Sony!  I repeat DO NOT, purchase any video content from Sony!

My hard drive with all my stuff; game saves, TV shows, personal photos, music etc., is sitting right there and I know it works. My fat model hardware died and now because Sony put out a faulty product, I have been stripped of access to my content forever.

You are basically given the "right" to view the movie/tv show on that particular playstation. You cannot transfer your "owned" content to another playstation.  So, when Sony's craptastic hardware dies after 1 - 3 years and you choose to buy a brand new Slim model instead........and give Sony even more money (I'm so stupid)........you will NOT be granted rights to the video content you thought you already purchased.

This policy is like buying a DVD or Blu-Ray, but only being able to play it on one specific individual player.  If you ever replaced your BDP-S370 to say another BDP-SS70 or upgraded to a BDP-S570, you might as well as throw all your DVD and Blu-Ray discs into the trash because guess what?  Your not allowed to view them!

What's killing me is that is that the technology is available to protect their content while allowing the re-downloading of it.

This should be a crime.  Sony's hardware goes and I loose access to my digital content for life?

I think this is way the PSN video store has so much content.  Hollywood knows that they (Sony) are Nazi Terrorists when it comes to Joe Schmuck and his rights.  They are more than willing to screw us out the little money that we have.

This is an outrage and I pray that someone with time & money files a class action suit against these policies of Hollywood & Sony.

Message 11 of 13 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 11, 2013
In the future, since u cant get back your movies you purchased from playstation, if u have a smartphone, downloade this app called tubemate, u may have to go to the website tubemate.com, u can download full movies or t.v shows off youtube, after u download your movie or movies, transfer it to the bluetooth folder in your phone, mines is a galaxy s2, than transfer your movie file from the bluetooth file on your phone, to the bluetooth file on your ps3. you can put as many movies or t.v shows as you want on your system, its just sometimes youtube doesnt have your desired movies
Message 12 of 13 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
552 posts

May 11, 2013
Never Buy Any Movies or TV From PSN or SEN Thats What i Learnd the hard way!!!!!!!!
The only gamer that's never played a game.
Message 13 of 13 (84 Views)
0 Likes