Jul 09 2010
By: Kamiler Fender Bender 3539 posts

What happens if you got no money in wallet and no credit card...

6 replies 969 views Edited Jul 9, 2010

I want to try out PSN+.  So im about to buy the 3 month one.  I was 3 bucks short for tax fro the full year one.  Anway...Since i dont have a credit card info entered, and most possibly the money i have in my wallet will be spent, leaving me at $0.00, will they send me a notice or something to pay, like send a check or something?  The thing is, i might not want psn plus after 3 months, and possibly if i did, than i would have no money because of other expenses. Can anyone answer my question?

To make this more basic...

I dont wanna pay any FEES after my subscription is over.  I dont want to see invoices in my email saying that i gotta send a check or pay with pay pal for another 3 months of PSN PLUS.  I just want it for 3 months, then it stops, and i have the right to continue using it or activate it again.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7 (969 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Re: What happens if you got no money in wallet and no credit card...

Jul 9, 2010

Fristly you can turn off automatic renewal, and secondly read what it says when you sign up. It says if there are no funds in your wallet it will charge it to your credit card. If there is no credit card you will not be charged and you will no longer have PS+. Always read the terms before signing up to a subscription, or you may end up having to pay.

Edit: Sorry just read that you were about too, not that you had bought it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 7 (969 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jul 9, 2010

GTCarlson wrote:

Fristly you can turn off automatic renewal, and secondly read what it says when you sign up. It says if there are no funds in your wallet it will charge it to your credit card. If there is no credit card you will not be charged and you will no longer have PS+. Always read the terms before signing up to a subscription, or you may end up having to pay.

Edit: Sorry just read that you were about too, not that you had bought it.

Correct, but if you are worried about it you can go into your services list under Account Management / Transaction Management and select the PS+ item with the Subscription button next to it.  On the next screen you can turn off automatic renewal.

Message 3 of 7 (969 Views)
Fender Bender
3539 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Thanks guys for clearing things up.  Just wanted to make sure.  Kudos to you all.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7 (969 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 9, 2010

u will have 2 get it with money off ur card u cant just get it 4 frree and pay later! u have 2 have the money on ur card!

Message 5 of 7 (969 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10691 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Kamiler wrote:

I want to try out PSN+.  So im about to buy the 3 month one.  I was 3 bucks short for tax fro the full year one.  Anway...Since i dont have a credit card info entered, and most possibly the money i have in my wallet will be spent, leaving me at $0.00, will they send me a notice or something to pay, like send a check or something?  The thing is, i might not want psn plus after 3 months, and possibly if i did, than i would have no money because of other expenses. Can anyone answer my question?

To make this more basic...

I dont wanna pay any FEES after my subscription is over.  I dont want to see invoices in my email saying that i gotta send a check or pay with pay pal for another 3 months of PSN PLUS.  I just want it for 3 months, then it stops, and i have the right to continue using it or activate it again.

what you need to do is buy a psn card worth $20 or $50

buy subscription

then turn off automatic refunding for plus

>

Message 6 of 7 (969 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
21042 posts

Jul 10, 2010

All Playstation Store subscriptions automatically renew when they expire, if there is sufficient funds in your wallet to pay for them.  If you want your subscription to end when it expires, you have to cancel the subscription before it expires.  If you cancel your subscription, then it won't renew, but you can still use the subscription until it ends.  There are no refunds or credits on Playstation Store subscriptions when you cancel them, so the only effect of cancellation is to prevent them from renewing.  If a subscription expires and there are insufficient funds in your PSN wallet to pay for a renewal (and there is no credit card on file, or the automatic funding option is set to No), then the subscription is automatically cancelled when it expires. You will never receive an invoice in the mail for any Playstation Store purchase (Sony doesn't even have your mailing address unless you have funded your wallet with a credit card, which not everyone does).  The only way to pay for anything in the Playstation Store is with the PSN wallet. If you cancel your subscription, or it is cancelled due to non-payment; you can always buy another subscription later.  You would regain the use of any Plus content that you downloaded in the past, but you would miss anything that was provided to Plus members while you were not subscribed.

GKP
Message 7 of 7 (969 Views)
0 Likes