Nov 27 2012
By: booneb1673 Splicer 86 posts

What happened to Oddworld SW

[ Edited ]
16 replies 285 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

Any info on this, because I thought Just Add Water announced it to come out in the middle of the month of November. 

Message 1 of 17 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Re: What happened to Oddworld SW

Nov 27, 2012

PlayStation Vita owners won't have to wait much longer for Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, as developer Just Add Water confirms that the HD remake should be arriving by mid-November 2012 (via Eurogamer). The final date hinges on when the game is sent off to be certified for release by Sony, something which studio boss Stewart Gilray says should happen in two weeks.

Source.

Looking good though. I wish they would have put it on the Backwards Compatible list for XBox, since I gave my OXBox to my son I don't have anything to play it on. Needless to say, I'll be picking this up for the Vita when I have the money and when there is a drought of new games out.

Message 2 of 17 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Thanks for the info. This is one I was looking forward to since they announced it. I hope it's very soon
Message 3 of 17 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Nov 28, 2012

UnrealButcher wrote:

PlayStation Vita owners won't have to wait much longer for Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, as developer Just Add Water confirms that the HD remake should be arriving by mid-November 2012 (via Eurogamer). The final date hinges on when the game is sent off to be certified for release by Sony, something which studio boss Stewart Gilray says should happen in two weeks.

Thats was from October 1st.

So the question remains, what happened to this game releasing in November?

Message 4 of 17 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I'm guessing something came up to delay it, but I don't see any reason that they would not put it out with what was said in the above article. So I wouldn't worry, probably like R&C: FFA PS Vita with them not saying anything until the last minute about it being delayed until January.

Message 5 of 17 (218 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

UnrealButcher wrote:

I'm guessing something came up to delay it, but I don't see any reason that they would not put it out with what was said in the above article. So I wouldn't worry, probably like R&C: FFA PS Vita with them not saying anything until the last minute about it being delayed until January.

Found this on Just Add Water's twitter site:

@jawltd Any news on Strangers Wrath for the Vita? November (this year!) still likely?

myster_lettuce no it’ll creep in to Dec, it’s currently with Sony

So the game is done and in sony's hands for certification so it's coming in December.

Here's the link: https://twitter.com/jawltd

Message 6 of 17 (213 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Sweet, fingers crossed for the first part of dec Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 17 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Asphaltum wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

Found this on Just Add Water's twitter site:

@jawltd Any news on Strangers Wrath for the Vita? November (this year!) still likely?

myster_lettuce no it’ll creep in to Dec, it’s currently with Sony

So the game is done and in sony's hands for certification so it's coming in December.

Here's the link: https://twitter.com/jawltd

Thanks for doing the leg work. Sorry I wasn't able to. Was at school all day, then went out for some pizza and beers. Now on Facebook talking to my Wife about drama she's being pulled into from my sisters. Good stuff. lol.

Message 8 of 17 (196 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Not a problem, now I want some pizza and beer. Cheers.

Message 9 of 17 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Asphaltum wrote:

Not a problem, now I want some pizza and beer. Cheers.

Wood fired pizza from, "Rock wood fired pizza and spirits." Mmmm, love the crust.

Message 10 of 17 (184 Views)
0 Likes