2536 posts

Re: What fighter

Dec 29, 2012
My persona list would be:
#1. Blazblue~.
#2. Street Fighter X Tekken~.
#3. UMVC3~.
#4. Mortal Kombat Vita~.

Blazblue is, in my opinion, the more refined fighter of the bunch. Ironically, it has the smallest roster of the four games yet it has the most variety in styles between all the characters you can use. Both BB, SFxT and MKV have copious amounts of content but I still found myself investing the most time in BB not only because of its deep gameplay but also its engrossing plot~.

For online mode, UMVC3 and SFxT take the cake, but that's about it. MKV is a very good fighter, just technically limited really (the graphics look like crap). BB, on the other hand, is pure 2D and it looks amazing on the PSV's OLED screen~.
Message 2 of 9 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Mortal Kombat's great though I am a fanboy. Not sure how well UMVC translates to a handheld but from what I've read it's pretty good. BlazBlue I've always wanted but never actually picked up, can't comment on that. There's also SF X Tekken and DOA5+ is coming soon if you prefer those games.

Message 3 of 9 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7388 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale!!!!!

Message 4 of 9 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Dec 29, 2012
BBCSE>UMVC3>PASBR>SFxTK>MKV imo. None of them are bad though.
Message 5 of 9 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Im kind of having the same problem choosing a fighter game but I narrowed it down to two , help me choose ? Theyre both great games IMO :

Street Fighter x Tekken

Playstation All-Star Battle Royale

Help me out !

Message 6 of 9 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Anything with a Capcom in it is a No for me, linear learning curve and laggy online with un-fair match up ( SF X Tekken). Blazblue is the best currently but It's also the hardest to master. If you want to do crazy combo, choose UMVC3 or SF X Tekken, if you want a fighting game for Pro, choose Blazblue, if you want to kill someone, MK is your choice.

PS: A dude called MK graphics CRAP mean he's not a serious gamer, so don't believe him lol, because a gamer play game based on the gameplay and not graphics, and I must said, the Challenge Tower of MK make Blazblue look like a repetitive piece of crrap!!!!~
Message 7 of 9 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

BigBrotherKaz wrote:
Anything with a Capcom in it is a No for me, linear learning curve and laggy online with un-fair match up ( SF X Tekken). Blazblue is the best currently but It's also the hardest to master. If you want to do crazy combo, choose UMVC3 or SF X Tekken, if you want a fighting game for Pro, choose Blazblue, if you want to kill someone, MK is your choice.

PS: A dude called MK graphics CRAP mean he's not a serious gamer, so don't believe him lol, because a gamer play game based on the gameplay and not graphics, and I must said, the Challenge Tower of MK make Blazblue look like a repetitive piece of crrap!!!!~

I get so sick of this argument every one cares about graphics and better game mechanics due to more powerful systems. I mean if you were the real gamer you claimed and didn't care about better graphics at all or better gameplay why aren't you still just playing an Atari?

You own a Vita, you clearly knew it performed better than the last system.. So what other reason is there to buy it, that is the main reason isn't it because it's better than your PSP? Of course it will have new games to boast but to say no one cares about better hardware or graphics is such a moot point. Everyone does or else they wouldn't invest in better systems than their last everytime one comes out.

Just like Nintendo fans always say that but now look at them, they won't shut up about comparing the Wii U graphics to everything a large user base that claimed they never cared about graphics thats why they play Nintendo games.. but yea now they won't shut up about trying to say the Wii U is the best graphics ever.. bunch of hog wash.

So if you didn't care about better graphics for Mortal Kombat as well the same can be said, why aren't you just playing it on a older system? I thought the newer MK's were awful but that is just me and I will leave it at that. Bottom line no one would buy newer systems if they didn't care about it out performing their last one.

Nothing to be ashamed of and it doens't make you a more justified gamer just because you say you don't care when you clearly do.

Message 8 of 9 (80 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Thanks everyone.  I've decided on getting BlazBlue when it comes to getting a fighting game.

Message 9 of 9 (56 Views)
0 Likes