Apr 14 2012
By: Takis142 First Son 5 posts

What exactly is the Playstation Suite?

4 replies 21 views Edited Apr 14, 2012

I saw the name come up somewhere in the forums. I asked my friend and he says it's basically a app store but just for the vita. So what is the PS Suite and what content will be sold?

Message 1 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: What exactly is the Playstation Suite?

Apr 14, 2012

I think you answered your own question. It's an app store, and it will sell apps like the ones you find in the appstore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Suite

Message 2 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Apr 14, 2012

MightyCheeseFace wrote:

I think you answered your own question. It's an app store, and it will sell apps like the ones you find in the appstore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Suite

No, it iis not an app store. PS Suite is a software deveelopement platform for programmers to write software for PSSuite certified devices (cellphones, PCs, tablets and the PSVita). The programming language used is C# (more maybe added later) and when you want to start sub,itting and publishing your games/apps on the PSN store you need to pay an anual fee of $99 (similar to other app platforms from what I usnderstand).

(By the way when you provide a link it is best to read what that link points to and then you will discover that what you said was incorrect.)

Message 3 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Apr 14, 2012

I read that wikipedia entry, and I didn't see this specific thing addressed.  Does anyone know if this new Playstation Suite means it will be completely independent (purchase wise) of the current PS Store, as in, even if you already purchased it on PSN you'll have to re-purchase on the PS Suite?  I can kind of see Sony doing that...

Message 4 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Apr 14, 2012

DistantWords wrote:

I read that wikipedia entry, and I didn't see this specific thing addressed.  Does anyone know if this new Playstation Suite means it will be completely independent (purchase wise) of the current PS Store, as in, even if you already purchased it on PSN you'll have to re-purchase on the PS Suite?  I can kind of see Sony doing that...

No one knows for sure about how it will work from now on but so far the games that Sony have released on the PS Suite are PSOne ports and do not link up with any current PSN PSOne purchases, so if you have bought Crash Bandicoot on the PSN it does not mean you get it free on your PS Suite certified device.

Sony may be working on a way to correct that, we do not know, we also do not know how PS Suite games/apps will be integrated with the PSN in the future.

The beta has only just been release for developers and the general public to play with and program so we will have to wait a while until we start seeing what happens.

Message 5 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes