Wastelander
742 posts

Re: What do you think of your PS4?

Apr 7, 2014

I like mines but it has a lot of room for improvement.

After I traded in Killzone: Shadowfall (great graphics, mediocre as a game IMO) there hasn't been much interest in the software besides the odd Resogun run here and there. Since late December its just been sitting on my entertainment system until February, then I decided to try to sell it to recoup costs (was thinking about using that money elsewhere) and then I decided to keep it but just pack it up and leave it in my closet for awhile until I get a game I really want to play. 

So I haven't actually played my PS4 in well over 3 months. Not to say the software situation hasn't improved. I mean I got a couple good PS+ games that I still need to check out and am itching to play infamous and Ground Zeroes but I feel as if its missing a key game. 

Anyways, I haven't really been feeling the stigma with the Vita either. I haven't picked that up in about 3 months either but I was really enjoying soul sacrifice and just cut things off so its probably just me.

I still play my PS3 every now and then because it has such a diverse library. I've cut back alot from AAA games and switched to the more arcade experience. Really enjoying Tokyo Jungle right now and hope it gets a port over to PS4. 

Message 61 of 76 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Apr 7, 2014

I would buy mine again that is for sure. Improvements are needed but they will come. Then it will be top notch imo.

Message 62 of 76 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 7, 2014

I love the Playstation 4! Though game variety is not large at the moment, I look forward to the games that will come out in the months ahead. Lots of potential for this console. It's great to hear the feedback from the devs and seeing this machine get better and better. A worthy investment if I may say.

I've been here for a long time. Smiley Indifferent
Message 63 of 76 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Apr 7, 2014

i love it.Im still playing my ps3 a lot too but second son was real good .

Message 64 of 76 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 7, 2014

I own one and think it's great but there aren't any games that really spark my interest other than Battlefield 4 so I am still waiting for more games to be released. 

Message 65 of 76 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56235 posts

Apr 7, 2014

guitar1960 wrote:

Just asking how everyone likes their ps4. I really like mine. What's your opinion?

Edit - Updated title

I'm enjoying the games that I have for it a lot.  I like the way it all works too, for example I can download and install an update for one game while playing another.

I just want my PS4 to do all the things my PS3 can do such as playback my music CD library, save my music/movies/media to the harddrive and play it back, you know that kind of stuff.

Message 66 of 76 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Someone's blog posted 5 major flaws with the ps4 and I would agree with it.   As much as I like the system for gaming it needs alot of work still and it shouldve been more like the PS3 right out of the box and more.  Instead its missing alot of features.

I for one would like it to finally get official keyboard and mouse support for games instead of looking for 3rd party fixes.    

I'm thinking of returning mine just cause of such issues but of course I could wait for Sony to wake up and deliver but with what the next update supposedly has I and others may be waiting a long time still.

Message 67 of 76 (66 Views)
Wastelander
843 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Loving it and it will only get better!

PSN ID: MikeyBoy02NY02
LET'S GO NEW YORK RANGERS!
Playstation - Playstation 2 - Playstation 3 - PlayStation 4
Keep the tradition going Sony!
Message 68 of 76 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

I love it as much to where I can appreciate my purchase even now,  just would like to make use of more of it's functions, similaur to what I can already make use of on my PS3.

Message 69 of 76 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Apr 8, 2014
I love my PS4, considering it does everything as advertised, and it's only going to get better with each firmware update.

If someone doesn't take the time to research I can understand if they feel underwhelmed, but I approached the PS4 as a gradual transition from PS3 to PS4 as more and more games come out for PS4 rather than PS3.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 70 of 76 (126 Views)
0 Likes