Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Re: What do you think of your PS4?

Apr 6, 2014
@Mr_Sludge_Pants

I went over those updates and realistically, a lot of that stuff are things the PS4 has done since day 1.
Message 51 of 76 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 6, 2014

I knew someone from this forum would do such a thing, and I don't really care.

Can I ask you, why you felt the need to research anyways? Did you get satisfaction knowing your console does something?

Your post just tells me you wanted to start something.

Message 52 of 76 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Apr 6, 2014
@Mr_Sludge_Pants

I was an Xbox customer before you knew what an Xbox even was. Just stating the obvious about a brand they was ruined with the departure of J Allard and Robbie Bach. Don't want to hear about it? Don't post about the Bone in a thread that clearly asks about your PS4.
Message 53 of 76 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 6, 2014

Yup, my post states the obvious. You think you're high and mighty with your first sentence that you think is fact, which i'm unsure how you know me so well.

I see plenty of people talking about the "Bone" in this thread, why do they get to talk about it and not I? Oh wait, that's right, because they are bashing it.

Message 54 of 76 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Apr 6, 2014

I love it. RESOGUN, Warframe and Infamous are all great.

A nightmare is fed before it is born.
Message 55 of 76 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Apr 6, 2014
@Mr_Sludge_Pants

Well considering I had my Xbox preorder in, Nov 2000 when everybody was going crazy over the vastly inferior PS2, bought Halo, PGR and Amped on Nov 8th of 2001 and was second in line during the midnight launch on the 15th, it's not unreasonable to think I have you beat.

There is also nothing wrong with bashing a console that deserves to be bashed. Why people get offended like they developed the thing, I do not know. These companies are not your friends. They are multi-billion dollar corporations after one thing only. Your money.

While I really don't like the Bone at all, my feelings are very unbiased. The original Xbox was an excellent console and I feel is one of the most significant machines in gaming, right up there with the original Playstation. I feel that without Microsofts introduction into the gaming market, I wouldn't have such a great PS4 to play or such a promising generation to look forward to.

If not for Xbox, our consoles might not even be up to PS3 standards yet. We might also still be getting milked and ripped off with accessories such as multi-taps, memory cards, network adapters and proprietary hard drives sold seperate.

Some people here might not like what I say but the PS2 wasn't a good console. But thanks to the premature consumer craze, it managed to deliver a stellar library even if the graphics and performance was vastly inferior. Then came the PS3 which was finally a worthy upgrade but with flaws in the architecture. Worst problem of all was poor leadership and the assumption that everybody would buy regardless just like they did the PS2. Meanwhile the Xbox 360 seemed to be the perfect gaming machine.

After that, things happened. After the consumer showed they wouldn't put up with it, Sony changed their entire approach. Meanwhile M$ started getting greedy and absolutely ruined the 360, mid generation while the PS3 just started getting better and better. Under new leadership, they were able to pull off something great under new leadership. They also removed all those flaws with the new console which is now the best thing to happen to console gaming.

Can Microsoft pull off something similar to what Sony ultimately did with the PS3? It's possible. Things could look up however I'm not fully convinced it's not just PR spin and won't be until I see some serious change. Keep in mind that Xbox isn't even the same brand. Same name and corporation but all the major players are gone. They either quit or were let go. According to an old online friend and former Xbox Live community manager, Christa Charter (Trixie360), Microsoft started bringing in management from other divisions within the company with zero gaming experience and no desire to learn. This is why the 360 turned into what it did and is why the Xbox One is what it currently is.

You were not supposed to be their target customer, you were supposed to be the mindless sheep who will buy regardless so they could sell to their real target customer, the giant corporations who will buy advertising space on the platform. Always Online and then always connected wasn't really about bringing you discounted games that you could share with your friends. It was to connect their entire audience because the advertising payout was projected to pull in 8 to 9 figures annually. Mandatory Kinect purchase? Not only are they selling your eyeballs but it also opens the window to sell your emotional responses as well.

It was just reported on March 7th by the Washington Post that they plan on selling your data to politicians. The ads would appear on the Xbox Live dashboard and target different users by combining their Microsoft user IDs and other public data to build a profile of Xbox users. Using this data, ad campaigns can then be directed at specific demographics or congressional districts.

Great console to own.
Message 56 of 76 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Apr 6, 2014

I got mine day 1 and loved it, luckily I don't play games that much, maybe 5hrs a week on a good week, so I haven't been feeling the new system drought as much as others. Just waiting for FFXIV and then I'm set until christmas time.

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 57 of 76 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 6, 2014

Sure, you had me beat in purchasing one, but that's not what you stated. So i'll let that go.

I only defend the Xbox One when people are spewing garbage. A lot of people on these boards won't let go the DRM issues from E3 that were never implemented, and act like they are still on the console. Yet, we all sit here and complain when Gameslop gives us $2 for a game and turns around and sells it for $25.

Don Mattrick is a big headed **bleep** bag, he fits right in with Zynga. I have a little faith that Phil Spencer will turn it around. He already tweeted that he has plans to change the paywall, another thing that this board loves. I still don't know why you would buy a $500 console to watch Netflix though.

Anyways, I didn't buy it to be a sheep. I'm looking forward to some of the exclusives.

...and don't get me started on the ads. Taco Bell anyone? Way to advertise the path to being obese.

Message 58 of 76 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4037 posts

Apr 6, 2014

Love my PS4 I am very happy i got it on launch so i can buy game when the come out. If the catalog gets to big you never catch up on the games already out and bypass to many. I have to tell you i also love my PS3 and Plus is putting out really great games for it. so i switch hit on the two systems.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 59 of 76 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2014

Mr_Sludge_Pants wrote:

Anyways, I didn't buy it to be a sheep. I'm looking forward to some of the exclusives.

Part of me can understand where you're coming from, part of me cannot. I suppose what it is is the difference between one that uses track record as an indicator of the future, and one that starts over fresh on impression from generation to generation. See, here's the deal with me. I have owned 3 Xbox and 3 Xbox 360. These choices were not of mine, honestly, but it's what I was introduced to. I am buying a PS4 this upcoming generation.

Why? Because ever since the PS2 (and even for the PS1) Sony has always, without fail, had a vast, versatile library that covered nearly every type of genre with at least one good game. Xbox, on the other hand, is clearly marketed to people that enjoy Realism, Shooters, Simulators, and the crux of Western (American...) style action. I live in the USA, but I play a variety of different games, all the way from Catherine/Persona/Tales, to Korean MMO, to Witcher, fun little games like your Sly Coopers of the world, fighting games from all over the world, arcade (read: not simulation) racers, Top-Down games, Platformers (Especially Trine 2: Complete Story. Love that game.) and back again to a KillZone and/or LittleBigPlanet.

That variety never has, and most likely still won't be available on Xbox. Xbox lacked in exclusive variety last gen, the gen before, and I don't think it'll change this gen. Japan dropped them like a brick, and PC ports are skipping the XB1 day in, day out. Indie is looking poor on XB1, and even the Japan-style kickstarter projets are skipping XB1. Even worse yet, not releasing at the same time as PS4 in JP is a death sentence, as console sales in Japan are already down anyway, and the country is in a recession. Not likely to see that variety anytime soon.

Edit: Apologies to the people who saw this at first as a no-paragraph block of text. Apparently my computer forgot that I made paragraphs.

Message 60 of 76 (119 Views)
0 Likes