Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: What do you think of this Uncharted Rip-off?

Aug 25, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
I enjoyed Heavy Fire Afghanistan, so I will not have any issues enjoying this.

Besides, it might be another easy Platinum. Smiley Tongue

hate to break it to you buddy, but there's no plat. I checked 

Message 11 of 25 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8193 posts

Aug 25, 2013

theman_714 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:
I enjoyed Heavy Fire Afghanistan, so I will not have any issues enjoying this.

Besides, it might be another easy Platinum. Smiley Tongue

hate to break it to you buddy, but there's no plat. I checked 

Darn! Smiley Very Happy

That said, looks like you can pop all the trophies in one or two runs. And two Golds with a handful of silvers make it tempting enough.

Message 12 of 25 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15795 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Some developer was bound to copy Uncharted sometime. Although that game was lower in quality, so cheaper isn't always better.

IDK, I say don't worry about it. It's not a threat to Naughty dog or the Uncharted series and I doubt that most PS gamer care. So, whatever.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 13 of 25 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Aug 25, 2013

The only thing original is pretty much Cars...and better camera 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 14 of 25 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2013

It doesn't look great but I'll buy it. So many good ideas are out there that nearly any new IP can be compared to a previous work and called plagiarism.

That said, it really does look like this one copied some pretty huge portions from UC. I mean, Unearthed, really?

photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 15 of 25 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Aug 25, 2013

I don't think they will get sued.

Considering that "Uncharted" isn't completely original and just a spawn of "Indiana Jones" movies (which was a spin on adventure serials that Lucas and Spielberg enjoyed as kids).

The handsome, thrill seeking, not too much of a tough guy, adventurer character has existed long before Nathan Drake came along.

I don't see why something like this should be shunned as a rip-off.

And the gameplay is different enough to stand on its own two feet.

I'd play it. Smiley LOL

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 16 of 25 (72 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Aug 25, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

Legal issues aside, i'm actually interested on seeing how this plays. you guys are saying its a copy of Uncharted and for the most part your right. but you've never been able to drive in Uncharted, just fight on the cars. the driving part looks a bit like GTA or Saints Row. so whatever legal issues come later it will still be pretty cool to try, low graphics and all.

plus i love trying games from unknown companies, most of the time they ask for feedback like a Beta and really listen to what people say.

Exactly.  Dated graphics aside, it borrows from several games/genres, which is not unusual in the industry. You can call it an Uncharted-clone if you want, but how is that any different than Uncharted being a Tomb Raider clone? I'm guessing some of you are very young if you think Uncharted is original in any way.

Message 17 of 25 (68 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Aug 25, 2013
Message 18 of 25 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Generic Game: The Game

Message 19 of 25 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13132 posts

Aug 25, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

Legal issues aside, i'm actually interested on seeing how this plays. you guys are saying its a copy of Uncharted and for the most part your right. but you've never been able to drive in Uncharted, just fight on the cars. the driving part looks a bit like GTA or Saints Row. so whatever legal issues come later it will still be pretty cool to try, low graphics and all.

plus i love trying games from unknown companies, most of the time they ask for feedback like a Beta and really listen to what people say.

Exactly.  Dated graphics aside, it borrows from several games/genres, which is not unusual in the industry. You can call it an Uncharted-clone if you want, but how is that any different than Uncharted being a Tomb Raider clone? I'm guessing some of you are very young if you think Uncharted is original in any way.

Dated graphics? It's an iphone game 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 20 of 25 (58 Views)
0 Likes