Aug 25 2013
By: theman_714 Hekseville Citizen 363 posts

What do you think of this Uncharted Rip-off?

24 replies 420 views Edited Aug 25, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9dOhmPe_3U

Honestly, why would you make something that's a a carbon copy of Uncharted like that? They plan to release this on the PSN soon.  Don't they realize that they'll get sued for this?

I'm happy that this is the first game to come-out of Saudi Arabia and all (I'm half Saudi) but, there's a difference between being inspired by a game and just mocking it for everything that it's worth. Unearted? please.

Destructoid didn't have anything nice to say about it either in their article about knock-off gaming

then again, that's my opinion. what do you have to say about it? do you like it, or hate it?

Message 1 of 25 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: What do you think of this Uncharted Rip-off?

Aug 25, 2013

The driving scenes in that game are just epic!

I've only played Uncharted 3 and it looks like they pretty much stoled about every idea there was for the game. I'm guessing Naughty Dog didn't really care to do anything legal wise.

YB

Message 2 of 25 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Aug 25, 2013

My initial thoughts were harsh

then I kinna laughed

technically I think its different enough to not cause any legal issues and its the first game from a region not known for gaming. Maybe they think they have a blockbuster on their hands?

Graphics are very dated though IM assuming this is a download title only?

Hopefully the team is having fun making it and in a world where we have a movie series called Transmorphers I don't see why we can't have unearthed also.

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 3 of 25 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Aug 25, 2013

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

My initial thoughts were harsh

then I kinna laughed

technically I think its different enough to not cause any legal issues and its the first game from a region not known for gaming. Maybe they think they have a blockbuster on their hands?

Graphics are very dated though IM assuming this is a download title only?

Hopefully the team is having fun making it and in a world where we have a movie series called Transmorphers I don't see why we can't have unearthed also.

Yeah, it's a downloadable title and it's available on the Playstation Store of all places! I read a review on IGN Middle East saying it was 10 bucks! (the Saudi PSN uses dollars).

I really hope we see more from them though. but they need to stick with something small until they gained an audience and have enough funding to make a larger game like this.

Message 4 of 25 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Aug 25, 2013

bookepride wrote:

The driving scenes in that game are just epic!

I've only played Uncharted 3 and it looks like they pretty much stoled about every idea there was for the game. I'm guessing Naughty Dog didn't really care to do anything legal wise.

LOL you think? they pretty much copy/paste Uncharted 3. And they didn't it seems, since it's on the PSN as well as PCs and Mobiles.  Maybe they saw the game and were not worried at all about it.

Message 5 of 25 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2302 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Legal issues aside, i'm actually interested on seeing how this plays. you guys are saying its a copy of Uncharted and for the most part your right. but you've never been able to drive in Uncharted, just fight on the cars. the driving part looks a bit like GTA or Saints Row. so whatever legal issues come later it will still be pretty cool to try, low graphics and all.

plus i love trying games from unknown companies, most of the time they ask for feedback like a Beta and really listen to what people say.

Message 6 of 25 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Aug 25, 2013
It didn't look great, but I won't lie, I'd play it.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 7 of 25 (352 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Theres a demo on the store too..

Lol it's awful.

But me being me as usual I could probably have fun with it, I'm pretty good at having fun with bad games.

Message 8 of 25 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2034 posts

Aug 25, 2013

I remember when the first Uncharted come out people said it was a Tomb Raider makeover. So many made the new are always going to look like something already done. There are only so many ways to tell this type of story.

Message 9 of 25 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Aug 25, 2013
I enjoyed Heavy Fire Afghanistan, so I will not have any issues enjoying this.

Besides, it might be another easy Platinum. Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 25 (286 Views)
0 Likes