Fender Bender
3825 posts

Re: What do you think of another WW2 FPS?

Feb 2, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

How about this: From the axis prespective.

yeah wth not we get one of those

1. Nobody wants to play on the side that loses the war
  2. With the United States being the biggest video game market, do you really think a game where you kill U.S. soliders is going to go over well?
  3. Do you actually know what the Nazis did?

1. I wouldnt mind

2. It wont, but its a game, people need to cry about something else.

3. I'm well aware of what the Nazis did. Genocide is nothing new. It wont surprised me if Jews cry foul, but they're not the only people who have gone through atrocities. With all that said, sadly it wont happen but nobody wants to take a risk, and people will go on forever about how its offensive.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 21 of 39 (117 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
35541 posts

Feb 2, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

How about this: From the axis prespective.

yeah wth not we get one of those

1. Nobody wants to play on the side that loses the war
  2. With the United States being the biggest video game market, do you really think a game where you kill U.S. soliders is going to go over well?
  3. Do you actually know what the Nazis did?

1. wolfenstein will make that possible anyway so in your face

(Harldy, there's a difference between a World War ii shooter, and a shooter with a super natural setting, taking place during World War II)

2. we will see

(Most likely we won't)

3. not everything...

(Take a history course and/or do some reading)

so fighting for a side that ends up losing the war makes no sense for you?

Message 22 of 39 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Feb 2, 2014

I personally would like to see another ww2 game again with the new tech at developers fingertips.  The storming of Normandy with the scale of a Dead Rising 3 zombie apocalypse, how awesome would that be?  There must be some veterans out there who can give some inspiration to devs, even those who were in losing battles.

Message 23 of 39 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4330 posts

Feb 2, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Game development is an expensive enterprise now. They have to make money, and trying something new is very risky. They have to make a sure fire hit, or else they could very well go bankrupt. And we see how well many in the gamer cognoscenti respond to "originality" (said with heavy dose of sarcasm).

Yes I would like to see more original stuff too, however I don't blame them for wanting to pay the bills the bills. In a few years there will probably be another shift in consumer tastes, and who knows, maybe mahjong will be the big game.

It's because of renting servers just for the online modes. If they didn't include that mode, they wouldn't waste their money into thin air, neither wouldn't go bankrupt.

Gran Turismo Fan | Love Live Fan | PC Technician

Gran Turismo 7 Suggestions

Message 24 of 39 (102 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28552 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2014

rouward wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Game development is an expensive enterprise now. They have to make money, and trying something new is very risky. They have to make a sure fire hit, or else they could very well go bankrupt. And we see how well many in the gamer cognoscenti respond to "originality" (said with heavy dose of sarcasm).

Yes I would like to see more original stuff too, however I don't blame them for wanting to pay the bills the bills. In a few years there will probably be another shift in consumer tastes, and who knows, maybe mahjong will be the big game.

It's because of renting servers just for the online modes. If they didn't include that mode, they wouldn't waste their money into thin air, neither wouldn't go bankrupt.

You think those are the only costs involved in making a game? Voice actors, programmers, designers, even keeping the lights on all costs money. All of those expenses have gone up considerably in the last few years. Just the Maya software package which is used to make a lot of different games, costs $6,000. The unreal engine is cheaper, but even that costs $2,500, and you have pay royalties on anything you make over $50,000. That money has to come from somewhere. Voice actors also get residual checks as state by SAG. If you're making a sports game you have to pay for athletes likenesses, team logos, even the arenas and stadiums want money. Racing?  Well I'm sure Fiat will let you use the Ferrari logos for free... said nobody ever.

Message 25 of 39 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Feb 2, 2014

Next Call of Duty:

World at War 2

Plot:

The year is 2035. and the first Time Machine has been built. But an unexpected event happens when the Machine goes haywire and everyone is sent back in time to 1942, Around the same time WWII is in progress. The plot of the story is to TRY and gather parts for a Machine that advanced in that year.

I Dont know.......Just sounds interesting lol

Message 26 of 39 (95 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28552 posts

Feb 2, 2014

Farmtown89 wrote:

Next Call of Duty:

World at War 2

Plot:

The year is 2035. and the first Time Machine has been built. But an unexpected event happens when the Machine goes haywire and everyone is sent back in time to 1942, Around the same time WWII is in progress. The plot of the story is to TRY and gather parts for a Machine that advanced in that year.

I Dont know.......Just sounds interesting lol

Message 27 of 39 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Feb 2, 2014
We have too many fps games already. How about someone makes a good non-respawn 3rd person shooter.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 28 of 39 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Feb 2, 2014
O would enjoy a we2 shooter. Haven't seen once since saw as well. War thunder looks good, but I'd want more than just vehicular combat. Trenches, guns, grenades, dogs, paratroopers. Stiff that's akin to ww1 & ww2 style combat. Not a fan on unconventional and street warfare
Message 29 of 39 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Feb 2, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Kickstarter is a beautiful thing. A bunch of industry vets who wanted to make a realistic medival rpg decided to independently make one because they were told by publishers that people only wanted medival "fantasies".  They asked for £300,000 and ended up raising £500,000+ and still have a few days to go. the game looks great, and it is the first of its kind. I personally can't wait.

Message 30 of 39 (74 Views)
0 Likes