Jan 23 2014
By: motokid837 Hekseville Citizen 382 posts

What are your thoughts on DriveClub?

[ Edited ]
14 replies 271 views Edited Feb 21, 2014

Sadly, GT6 is not coming to the new consoles, and I really like racing games that are ultra realistic and simulation like. From what I have heard, NFS is more arcade style and flashy colors, not really "realistic" in terms of gameplay.

Is DriveClub supposed to be a simulation style game with a ton of cars to choose from and customize? If anyone wants to link me to a good site or video for the game that'd be great. The only info I can find is some old E3 footage on youtube.

Also, Gran Turismo has always been like the pinnacle of driving games, how will DriveClub compare to something like this?

Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 15 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3060 posts

Re: What is your thoughts on DriveClub?

Jan 23, 2014

motokid837 wrote:

Sadly, GT6 is not coming to the new consoles, and I really like racing games that are ultra realistic and simulation like. From what I have heard, NFS is more arcade style and flashy colors, not really "realistic" in terms of gameplay.

Is DriveClub supposed to be a simulation style game with a ton of cars to choose from and customize? If anyone wants to link me to a good site or video for the game that'd be great. The only info I can find is some old E3 footage on youtube.

Also, Gran Turismo has always been like the pinnacle of driving games, how will DriveClub compare to something like this?

"It will not be classified as a racing simulator like the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport series, but as a rival to Grid 2.[2] There will also be a team racing element to the game, with players managing racing teams and using the PlayStation Plus network and PlayStation 4's "share" features to manage teams with other players"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DriveClub

Message 2 of 15 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7388 posts

Re: What are your thoughts on DriveClub?

Jan 23, 2014
I'm not that excited about Driveclub, I just want evo to be done with it and start working on Motorstorm ps4, now that would get me freaking excited, give me the most brutal off road racing game ever evo.
Message 3 of 15 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Jan 23, 2014
Graphics look good but im not a racing fan
Message 4 of 15 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Jan 23, 2014
It looks ok. But I think it will be more arcade style. If you are looking for a simulator check out project c.a.r.s. The game looks amazing and puts forza and gt to shame. It is supposed to release later this year.
Message 5 of 15 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3705 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Driveclub has a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial

I have this pre-ordered.The social part of this game will make or break it. Yes its a raceing game but its not all about who gets to the finish line first. With a lot of challenges within each race. Its a mix of arcade and sim. We should see it on March 3 2014

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 6 of 15 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Jan 23, 2014

It looks alright. The only reason I may ever get is because it'll be a free PS Plus game. Besides that, I'm more interested in the Crew.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 7 of 15 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jan 23, 2014

After the delay, the devs commented saying it will be worth it and promise to make it an enjoyable game. So I'll take their word for it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 15 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4754 posts

Jan 23, 2014
It should be well worth the money seeing as ps plus get it for free. But if the internet rumors are correct it might not drop until June

Message 9 of 15 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Honestly, I'm really looking forward to it. Even moreso because PS+ gets to buy the full version at a discounted price. I love arcade racers and I really need one for my PS4 right now, I remember when I got Burnout Paradise a few months after getting my PS3 and it's still one of the best games I've ever played. I played DriveClub at PAX and while it still needed some polish, I really liked what I played. Evolution said the delay will be worth it and I believe them, I just hope we get a release date soon.

Message 10 of 15 (152 Views)