Jul 15 2013
By: NomadRider1955 Splicer 56 posts

What are you thinking?

6 replies 175 views Edited Jul 15, 2013
I've been gaming for a few years out of my 60 years on this planet, and I have never been able to figure out why, most all gamers, just collect names. All I see is names being added to your list, including mine and never gaming with that person after the initial contact, even if we have the same games. You don't even game with the names you already have, how can you possibly play with 100 gamers when you don't even game with one? The title FRIENDS should be renamed to CONTACTS. I'm not telling you what to do , but its frustrating to be added to someone's list (just as a name) and never gaming. When I see someone adding names at a high rate, and has never gamed with me even though I have many of the games they do, I delete them. You probably won't agree with me but try establishing a better buddy by gaming with the few names you have with gamers that have your games too, it might be more fun than collecting a bunch of names that you'll never game with. Besides Sony doesn't give trophies for having the most names.........just sayin......
Message 1 of 7 (175 Views)
MVP Support
40614 posts

Re: What are you thinking?

Jul 15, 2013

NomadRider1955 wrote:
I've been gaming for a few years out of my 60 years on this planet, and I have never been able to figure out why, most all gamers, just collect names. All I see is names being added to your list, including mine and never gaming with that person after the initial contact, even if we have the same games. You don't even game with the names you already have, how can you possibly play with 100 gamers when you don't even game with one? The title FRIENDS should be renamed to CONTACTS. I'm not telling you what to do , but its frustrating to be added to someone's list (just as a name) and never gaming. When I see someone adding names at a high rate, and has never gamed with me even though I have many of the games they do, I delete them. You probably won't agree with me but try establishing a better buddy by gaming with the few names you have with gamers that have your games too, it might be more fun than collecting a bunch of names that you'll never game with. Besides Sony doesn't give trophies for having the most names.........just sayin......

Actually I do!

Don't get me wrong I in no way wish to de-mean any of people currently on my friends list, most are there because I met them from these Forums, there are some amily members & there are actually some I game with too lol.

I must get 4-5 blank friend requests a week, sometimes more, all are deleted without further response, if someone wants to add me at least include a short message telling me where you got my name!

But I get your point OP, seriously I do.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 7 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

I have family members ,friends, and random people added to my psn friends list and i always try to at least have a text chat with every person i add if they dont text back then i delete them, no point of having psn friends list when people wont even text back, game? i dont game with all my psn friends but i have had fun playing games with lots of them over these past years (specially with my socom confrontation clan) we got really close and i met a few of them back at E3 2010, it was fun i wish i would have stayed longer in LA that summer lol. 

I have one psn friend who is as dedicated gamer as me and we text chat a lot, i mean a lot about games mostly but i have never played a multiplayer game with him lol, now that i think about it is kinda weird. 

Message 3 of 7 (157 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Jul 15, 2013

I agree also. Most of the people on my list I either actually know or play online with them. It makes me laugh how people complain about the limit on number of friends you have. Does anyone really play/interact with that many people??

Message 4 of 7 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Jul 15, 2013
Also agreed. Maybe in the fashion of Google circles, we should have a division of contact groups.

I could have

Contacts
Friends
Family
Coworkers
SteamforumFriends
Play station forumfriends
Etc etc

Giving us . e ability to customize group names and assign friends to one or more groups with the default being contacts.

Enhance this system with the ability to choose which groups have access to certain "share" and media functionality.

Another option to pick which groups show up in my in game "find a match" feature, so I don't have to search through my whole list to see if a certain group is playing.

Other fine tuned options which allow whay groups can directly join your public/private games.

The options can go on. This sounds like a great needed inclusion, especially with the expansion of community features
Message 5 of 7 (117 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 15, 2013
I'm trying to establish that tight friendship with a few contacts, so that I can end up with a steady flow of gaming, with these contacts, but all I see is jumps of close to 8-10 names being added to their list, and they don't have games that have clans so I know it's not that, especially when I have games they do and can't get an invite. It's like how many contacts can you game with at the same time. Most of the time they don't have the same games. I'm just soooooooo done with this friends thing. I'm better off making a cold contact off of games that have an online multiplayer feature. It seems nobody knows how to make REAL friends anymore, and those of us that do are a dying breed of old **bleep** dinosaurs! Lol
Message 6 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
469 posts

Jul 15, 2013
I always go through my XBL friends list and prune it. I try to only keep people I know IRL and people I actually chat/game with. Adding random people that you've played one CoD quickscope match with is for 12 year olds, anyway.
------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 7 (96 Views)
0 Likes