Treasure Hunter
8181 posts

Re: What are the point of trophies?

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

Trophies are secondary to me. They come with me beating the game 100% and exploring every part of the game and testing different completion methods.

If I really like the game, I'll aim for the Platinum, having fun along the way. Smiley Happy

Also, it's a good record of things you did for bragging rights. Smiley Very Happy Beating Mega Man 10 without using a continue and only using the M.Buster on the 8 bosses is fantastic. Smiley Tongue

Message 31 of 42 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 26, 2013

They are fun to collect and offer substantial replay value. Especially for games with collectibles. I think they are one of the best things put into games.

Message 32 of 42 (186 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I never can seem to get any platinum trophies so i personally stopped caring for them, but i do feel a sense of accomplishment when I do get one Cat Embarassed

Message 33 of 42 (167 Views)
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Mar 27, 2013

They are just nice to get. I won't go out of my way for a trophy though. Well With Spec Ops The Line I was 4 or 5 headshots away from a trophy when I beat the game. I started over just to get that trophy because it bugged me. lol

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 34 of 42 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Trophies are in one way a means to make gamers play video games like they normally wouldn't. Like following instructions in a manual, you might find yourself wanting to see if you could beat a game on its most brutal difficulty, or to stealthily take down five enemies without them noticing you. Trophies give gamers a challenge in order to fully "complete" the game the way the trophy list describes. When playing through Journey last year, I never thought I'd be able to find the flower hidden in the desert sands. Going out of my way to get 100% trophy status on the title, I wound up finding out what to do to get there and then I did exactly that.

It's with unlocking trophies that gamers get even more trophies. Bronzes and silvers pile ever higher, and golds and Platinums less often. Getting the Platinum trophy in a game means you're going to be putting hard work and dedication for a lot of these Platinums. Some out there come easy, but that all depends on whether you're playing games that push you to the limits in order to unlock the ultimate achievement in a PlayStation 3/Vita game. While trophies don't reward gamers with money or anything that will significantly benefit them in that regard, trophies are there as a status to show and share with your fellow gamers what games you've been playing, and how much you've gotten out of them.

Message 35 of 42 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Tamers12345 wrote:

Ive had a PS3 ever since the release date and still dont see why everyone is so obsessed with trophies. XD

bragging rights for the 12 year olds..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 36 of 42 (157 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15552 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Trophies are something to strive for and a reason to keep playing more of a game that you beat. Trophies are also a reward for playing. I like them. Most of us here probably like them and I hope to God our current trophy count carries over to the PS4. *Crosses fingers* We'll see.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 37 of 42 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Mar 28, 2013

microsoft had them so sonyfelt that they had to follow suit.

i personally could care less about them.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 38 of 42 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3198 posts

Mar 28, 2013

trophies make me feel big, in the pants.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 39 of 42 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

trophies make me feel big, in the pants.

Oh...OH MY! Your trophies have made you, mmmmmm, so big...

Call me, maybe? Smiley Wink

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 40 of 42 (197 Views)