Jun 06 2013
By: GrayGargoyle Last Guardian 11752 posts

What are the games you've almost Platinumed but not quite?

33 replies 220 views Edited Jun 6, 2013

Many PlayStation customers have gotten into the swing of reaching Platinum status on all the games we've been playing. Whether it's been tough enough to keep you sweating or simple with there being little to the process, on all our journeys we've had trials and errors come across our way that for some reasons or another there may have come a point when a game that was supposed to give you a trophy didn't. Then there are the games you've pushed through until it was decided that the other trophies are not worth going through the game a second time.

Has there ever been one or a few trophies left that would require an extremely difficult playthrough to nab? Have you ever put the controller down for good because you've been unable to reach a co-op partner for that last couple of trophies? Whatever the case, are there games out there that at one time or another you've been close enough to Platinum victory, very close but not quite?

Message 1 of 34 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Re: What are the games you've almost Platinumed but not quite?

Jun 6, 2013

Good thread!

I need one trophy in Little Big Planet 2 - Get 50 plays on a published level

My LBP2 save data got deleted so I won't be making anymore levels and I just hope that one of my two published levels hits fifty eventually.

I need one trophy in Call of Duty: Classic - Beat the Game on Very Hard

My save data got deleted again when I was half-way through. Really disheartening.

I need two trophies in inFAMOUS 1 - I'm missing three blast shards and complete all the stunts

I just gave up finding the blast shards after I scoured every building twice.

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 2 of 34 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7120 posts

Jun 6, 2013
The original Infamous. I only had one blast shard before Plat, but I accidentally deleted my save when I was on my Evil Cole. Completely killed my morale.

At least I platted Infamous 2 later on. Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 34 (200 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11152 posts

Jun 6, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:
I need two trophies in inFAMOUS 1 - I'm missing three blast shards and complete all the stunts

I just gave up finding the blast shards after I scoured every building twice.

There are three blast shards (one on each island, I beileve) that are so high, they don't ping your radar from the ground, or even nearby rooftops.  Those are probably the ones you are missing.  Just climb the tallest buidings you see and eventually you'll get high enough to get a ping.

As for the stunts...  yeah, some of those are tough.  Youtube can be a great aid for those.

Message 4 of 34 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

Jun 6, 2013
I got to 97% in farcry but those coop trophys were my undoing plus that rock throwing trophy drove me crazy.
Message 5 of 34 (191 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31041 posts

Jun 6, 2013

God of War: Chains Of Olympus- I only need to beat the Challenge of the Gods but I can't get passed the part where you have to beat the group of enemies without getting hit. Seeing that 34/36 sucks....

Far Cry 3- I am not buying the online pass just to play 5 levels of Co-Op. I tried doing it by myself with only one controller but could only pass the first Co-Op level. 

There's also MLB 11 because of the online trophies and random chance trophies 

Message 6 of 34 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Jun 6, 2013

One game that comes to mind for the topic at hand is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Having done about everything there is to do, back when I originally played the game a couple of years ago I had a trophy value of about 70% complete. There was a couple of trophies I know I didn't earn, including the one for not setting off any alarm. I was reloading my save every time that one went off, but it must have been when I was breaking into peoples' offices at the main building where Adam works. Sometimes a hack was too hard, so I let it go when the alarms going off didn't make a sound like they did during a main mission.

Now that the game's available through Plus, maybe I can try again for the Platinum.

Message 7 of 34 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Jun 6, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

God of War: Chains Of Olympus- I only need to beat the Challenge of the Gods but I can't get passed the part where you have to beat the group of enemies without getting hit. Seeing that 34/36 sucks....

That one was tough. From what I remember, it's best to whip the enemies from afar as much as you can. I think I started out punching them with the glove though. God of War: Ghost of Sparta has a similar challenge, only this time it's with several different types of enemies.

Message 8 of 34 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Lollipop Chainsaw. I have like 3 trophies left, one of them is almost impossible. I have to beat the elevator minigame in Fulci Fun Centre in hard mode without shooting. Now thats a pain in the **bleep**.

Also, I've finished Dragon's Dogma like 3 times already and i haven't gotten the trophy for doing all the quests.

Message 9 of 34 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: What are the games you've almost Platinum but not quite?

Jun 6, 2013

Disney Universe (pretty much gave up on that). I need to ace 5 levels to get plat.

And The Walking Dead, not the comin book style one. It's a glitched game. Just need two trophies for plat.

YB

Message 10 of 34 (161 Views)
0 Likes