Highlighted
Jun 07 2013
By: xDarkscope98 First Son 4 posts

What are the differences a new player can expect?

8 replies 124 views Edited Jun 7, 2013

I am brand new here. I'll put it that way. My life in consoles goes PSone -> PS2 -> 360 *cringe, never making that mistake again.* The PS4 is looking quite awesome, and I'm back to Sony for this one. I just made my PSN account today, to reserve the name I wanted before the onslaught of migrants from other consoles boots up the PS4 this holiday season. I've taken all the steps to ensure I'm doing this right - Chosen a cool name I won't regret, perhaps put in the wrong birthdate Smiley Wink etc. Now I have to ask this community, what are the major differences I'll find next generation here? If you can't already tell, I'm an avid gamer. I always go for achievements/trophies in games too, so I can't wait to get hunting. Thanks for all of your tips in helping me adjust, and I can't wait to see y'all online in Destiny, Watch Dogs, etc.!

Message 1 of 9 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Re: What are the differences a new player can expect?

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

so far as we know not much will change trophies still ... many new games , im sure some tv apps not much will be different that we know so far other than the controller 

Message 2 of 9 (98 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Cool, I'm excited about all the next-gen titles coming out and the power of the components in the system. (Especially the 8GB of GDDR5, that's nothing to scoff at.) I like the route Sony's taking- it seems to be all about the gamer. And that's what is important to me. Thanks for the response, man!

Message 3 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Jun 7, 2013
No problem and welcome to the Forums and the Playstation community Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 9 (92 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jun 7, 2013
welcome back
Message 5 of 9 (82 Views)
MVP Support
13865 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 6 of 9 (76 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Thanks man. I was really uninformed last generation, I regret that greatly. Can't WAIT to get involved here again, and maybe make some new friends. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9 (75 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13865 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

xDarkscope98 wrote:

Thanks man. I was really uninformed last generation, I regret that greatly. Can't WAIT to get involved here again, and maybe make some new friends. Smiley Happy

You're welcome Smiley Happy. I just came back as well -- I have a PS2 and have been a fan of Sony since the early 00's, but haven't had the time to  play it as much as I used to. Found out more about the PS3 and am interested in getting one when I can and then down the road get a PS4. Same here, been having some fun and seeing how the boards are.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 8 of 9 (70 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jun 7, 2013

You guys all seem very nice. Maybe we can play sometime with the cross-game chat the PS4 will support Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 9 (60 Views)
0 Likes