Nov 27 2013
By: GrayGargoyle Last Guardian 11742 posts

What are the best three years of your gamer life?

13 replies 151 views Edited Nov 27, 2013

Have you ever found yourself in a bit of a quandary upon deciding where your fondest video game memories derive from? What about the years that accompanied this period? Were those also the best time of your natural gaming existence? We're going to play a little game to pinpoint the accuracy of where your most treasured memories fall.

If you could pick which has been your favorite gaming year of all-time, then would the year the preceded and the year the succeeded this same time slot be your three favorites in a row? Would 2005 really be the best if sandwiched in between 2004 and 2006? Take any three years in sequential order and tell us what made these three the best ones of your life.

Even if 2013 has been the most eye-opening, most incredibly unforgettable moment in your gaming career, you still have the ability to connect it with 2012 and 2011. While it may be tricky matching up certain other favorites you've experienced, would this task be better served without the challenge?

Message 1 of 14 (151 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Re: What are the best three years of your gamer life?

Nov 27, 2013
Probably 1995-1998. I had the Sega Saturn, PS and all of my old systems. The original resident evil for Sega Saturn was amazing and probably one of my favorite games of all time. I also loved twisted metal and tomb raider for the PS. At that time my cousin was a manager at the local video store and he would let me rent games for free. After '98 I graduated high school and moved out of my parents house so I was more focused on women and didn't game much until the ps2 came out.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 2 of 14 (146 Views)
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Nov 27, 2013

I'd have to say the 3 years in the 90's when I played Mario World, Super Metroid, and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Good times. 

Feel free to friend me on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/aragost.scott
Message 3 of 14 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3627 posts

Nov 27, 2013

Whenever SOCOM 1 and SOCOM II came out for PS2. I had numerous endless nights on that game with people that soon become real life friends. Nothing comes close.

Message 4 of 14 (136 Views)
Sackboy
511 posts

Nov 27, 2013

aVeRsioN_X wrote:

Whenever SOCOM 1 and SOCOM II came out for PS2. I had numerous endless nights on that game with people that soon become real life friends. Nothing comes close.

I came here to post this same thing. It's not close at all.

47Reviews.BlogSpot.com

Reviews from me -- an honest reviewer who isn't paid off.
Message 5 of 14 (134 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Nov 27, 2013

2002-2005.

Message 6 of 14 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Nov 27, 2013

1999-2002

Shenmue was born, GTA took a massive leap, the last two real and also best Resident Evil games were produced for Gamecube before it descended into mediocrity.

Those were the days...

Message 7 of 14 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11742 posts

Nov 27, 2013

Though I also want to say it could be a time in the '90s, it's impossible to overlook the years of 2000 and 2001. For both the PlayStation's ability to pump out as many greats in a single year and the PlayStation 2 to fill in even more was truly an impressive time to be a gamer. During those stages classics such as Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy IX and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 were a big draw toward the console, but the following year too made an enormous splash than originally expected with everything from Dark Cloud, Grand Theft Auto III to Zone of the Enders. In those two years I can easily say they were the best of times.

However, this poses a tough challenge for me in choosing a third. While there have been some defining moments happening throughout both 1999 and 2002, I've never really felt as if either one to be such a year that would stand together with the best of them. If I had to choose one of them though, I'd probably settle with the latter.

1999 sure had some amazing games like Silent Hill and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, but 2002 came in with even more favorites all around. Who could overlook the brilliant quality of Super Mario Sunshine or the jaw-dropping remake of Resident Evil? Who could pass by Wild Arms 3 without wanting to be glued for several more hours into the narration? Even the PlayStation 2 went online that year for a first in North America, which was a pretty big deal back then.

Message 8 of 14 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Nov 27, 2013

I'm not so sure about the 3 years, but it was when I played and beat Final Fantasy 8 for the first time. It didn't take me 3 years to beat, but that was definitely my most fond memory.

Message 9 of 14 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Nov 27, 2013
I take my original post back.

The best three years are... every year.
47Reviews.BlogSpot.com

Reviews from me -- an honest reviewer who isn't paid off.
Message 10 of 14 (113 Views)
0 Likes