Mar 09 2012
By: ChroniclyCrunk69 First Son 10 posts
Accepted Solution

What all can Remote-play do?

[ Edited ]
7 replies 1752 views Edited Feb 1, 2015

So today i used my ps vita to wirelessly connect to my playstation 3 system. I used remote-play to reach the store where i bought the pack of the "Jak and Dexter" games off the network. They immediately started to download on my ps3. After unhooking the vita i realized it downloaded.

However, every title that i have downloaded on my ps3 like the "Jak and Dexter" games and Resident Evil 4 won't play from remote-play.

I wanted to know how long people think it will take for Sony to be able to make all titles available during remote-play.

And also, does anybody know when skype will be available on the PS Vita?

Mod Edit: Updated label. 
Click here for more info on labels

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Message 1 of 8 (1,752 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: What all can Remote-play do?

Mar 9, 2012

Remote play can do anything your ps3 can do in the XMB, but as of right cannot play ps2 and ps3 games. They may do a FW patch down the line.

Message 2 of 8 (1,752 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Apr 8, 2012

See i had figured what you said would be true, but i havent been impressed at all with remote play...to this day all it does is tell you it isn't compatable in the remote-play setting. so its worth nothing as of right now. the same thing with cross play.

Message 3 of 8 (1,752 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 8, 2012

the only way to enjoy remote play seems through custom firmware on ps3

Message 4 of 8 (1,752 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Apr 8, 2012

It doesnt do much.  It can play ps1 games and a very few ps3 games.  There is a list somewhere, pretty much like 15 games that noone would want to play.  I beleive LAIR is one of them.

Sony has said last year that they wanted to make all ps3 games compatible, but havent said anything since.  I wouldnt expect it any time soon, and then support may vary from title from title.  They need to get ps1 games playing on the vita before they get remote play for all ps3 games I suspect. 

Now people with hacked FW on PS3 can play ps3 games with remote play so its possible.  This feature has potential I think, at least through a local network for sure.

Message 5 of 8 (1,752 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 9, 2012

Yea, i see it as them shooting themselves in the foot, because if they dont give us a way to do it, some1 will evertually do it, and then basically everyone will have custom firmware.

The other thing though is that the vita doesnt have any first person shooters, which are my most played games, so i dont think that any game will be available on the new features for the next year or two. I heard that the next gen systems are, to be effective, 10 times more detailed than the ps3. so that leaves that much room for the ps3's growth, and the vita to go along with it. it will probably be a slow dragging process that sony puts us through in order for them to finially give us remote play and the features they promised.

Message 6 of 8 (1,752 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 13, 2013
Actually they do, Call of Duty Declassified is a FPS
Message 7 of 8 (845 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2015

I hope they make a update to use it as controller for ps4, ps3, ps2  if you wanted to.

Mod Edit: This is an old thread and is now closed. Please check dates before posting.
Check here for our rules and guidelines.
Thanks! lovely1rainbow

Message 8 of 8 (203 Views)
0 Likes