Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 22 2013
By: Shakezula84 Lombax Warrior 129 posts

What Vita announcement(s) I need at E3.

3 replies 102 views Edited Mar 22, 2013
So I own a Vita. I love it, but so does my 2 1/2 year old. So I am getting a new one after Xmas (planning ahead). So I need one of these announcements (or both) this E3, but I'm not a selfish person and I think either of these would be good for consumers and Sony.

Number 1: Price Drop.
Its working in Japan. Units are moving since its price drop. SCEA needs to do the same now. Even just $50 off both models would work.

Number 2: New Model
Now this doesn't mean a slim (although I'm sure a slim model is more likely then what I'm proposing) but I want an LTE Vita. Lift the restrictions on online play when connected to LTE and make it a truely portable experience. I'd get it. I have a 3G Vita already.
PSN, XBL, Steam, and Xfire ID : Shakezula84 (accepting all friend requests)
Message 1 of 4 (102 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12342 posts

Re: What Vita announcement(s) I need at E3.

Mar 22, 2013

1. Somewhat likely.

2. Not likely at all. The 3G version sold very poorly. For all we know, AT&T still has exclusivity.

Also, LTE isn't available in all countries, which is why they did 3G in the first place (so you could have the same hardware internals globally)

Also, LTE is a huge battery sucker. The Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ version has 9 hours battery life. The LTE version has 5.

Now imagine cutting into the 3-5 hour battery life on the Vita with LTE power consumption.

Not to mention it's a slap in the face to the people who bought the 3G version. "Oh, thanks for buying the skimped version, here's the 'full version' of that kind of feature".

They're not gonna make a 4G LTE model. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 4 (97 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Mar 22, 2013
i think if they lower memory cards, i.e. drop each one a price rank, and they should give 4gb with every new vita. so it would be 20$ for 8gb, $40 16gb and $60 for 32gb
Message 3 of 4 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Building memory into future models would be a good idea.

And as a side note, a slim version is always a slap in the face to early adopters. So I dont see how it could be anymore with LTE. And my GS 3 is 4G LTE and it gets 8-9 hours of battery, so I dont know whats wrong with the Nexus.

Now 3G was picked probably because of cheapness on the antenna front. GSM was picked because of international availabilty (why we dont have a Verizon Vita).
PSN, XBL, Steam, and Xfire ID : Shakezula84 (accepting all friend requests)
Message 4 of 4 (43 Views)
0 Likes