Jan 27 2012
By: DARKADVEZARI Lombax Warrior 173 posts

What Vita accesories will you buy and why (NOT CASES, SKINS, PROTECTIVE, or MEMORY)????

22 replies 26 views Edited Jan 27, 2012

Just wondering what devices you will buy for the Vita, and why? I have browsed allot, and since money is tight I dont see the point in some items. Like the cradle for instance, why would I want this to charge my Vita? Vita has to come with some sort of ac plug to put one end in the Vita and the other in the wall outlet!? I could care less if it stands up pretty for movie watching or display. Then theres the extra battery pack, nice but I wont be out using it more than 3 to 4 hours. I saw a cheap car charger, and I figure that may be money well spent, as we are always out and about, and we could charge the Vita as power runs down. The only problem with car chargers is that they seem to charge devices much slower than the ac wall outlet chargers. Like my iphone4 for instance, the wall charger will have me charged to 100 percent in 30 minutes whereas the car charger has to be connected  well over an hour for a full charge! The card case seems useless, I will carry games in thier cases to avoid misplacement. The single memory card I use will be permanently in the Vita. So why use a card case? Anyway just wondering what accesories your gonna buy day one, and why?

Message 1 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Re: What Vita accesories will you buy and why (NOT CASES, SKINS, PROTECTIVE, or MEMORY)????

Jan 27, 2012

I know you said no cases etc but,  I'm gonna give you my entire list of acc:  Leather case with strap-protective screen-32bg-that's it!!

Now, kinda interested in the earphones with integrated mic.. Also sony announced a dual shock looking dock that makes your Vita basically a controller and gives you 3 more hours gameplay..very interested in that

Message 2 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: What Vita accesories will you buy and why (NOT CASES, SKINS, PROTECTIVE, or MEMORY)????

Jan 27, 2012

submission44 wrote:

I know you said no cases etc but,  I'm gonna give you my entire list of acc:  Leather case with strap-protective screen-32bg-that's it!!

Now, kinda interested in the earphones with integrated mic.. Also sony announced a dual shock looking dock that makes your Vita basically a controller and gives you 3 more hours gameplay..very interested in that

the grip you are talking about is not made by sony it is made by a third party sony just licensed it to them.

now on topic I will get no accessories only will get what I need to turn the ps vita on. may get some later down the road but not at launch.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 3 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Jan 27, 2012

Release day, I'm gettin a cradle because I want my Vita to be secure when charging or connected to PS3/PC. Rather have my Vita in a cradle than just laying flat on a table.

I may get the game case and headset later on.

I can't wait til Feb 15. 18 days left...

Message 4 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 27, 2012

i'm not sure what accessories to get for it... i already preordered the early release bundle, but i was wondering what impact screen protectors would have on the sensitivity of the screen. i also thought about getting a mini stylus for the web and what not (not going to using it in game as it would seem like a big hastle). definitely thought about getting the cradle. if only money really did grow on trees...

Oh Lord, bless this thy holy hand grenade - that it might blow thine enemies to bits... in thy mercy. Amen.
Message 5 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Jan 27, 2012

I still cant see the point of the $20 cradle? Secure? Either way, someone can bump it off a table. I can maybe see that a cradle will save you from some light scratches on the bottom of the Vita, from it being laid flat on a table.

Message 6 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Jan 27, 2012

Lol! I will likely not get a single accesory, because I was think of sinking all that money in a 32 GB memory card too.

Message 7 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Jan 27, 2012

I was looking at the earphones too. But for now my cheap iphone headphones will do.

The integrated Microphone is the online advantage to the Sony headphones....for online chat. But cant I just use regular headphones and speak into the Vitas built in mic?

Message 8 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 27, 2012

DARKADVEZARI wrote:

I was looking at the earphones too. But for now my cheap iphone headphones will do.

The integrated Microphone is the online advantage to the Sony headphones....for online chat. But cant I just use regular headphones and speak into the Vitas built in mic?

you should be able to. I have not seen anyone try that though.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 9 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Jan 27, 2012

At first I was thinking of at least a protective film for the screen and face of the Vita. But now I wonder will it affect the sensitivity of the touch screen? Also I find that cases and film take away from the costmetics and look of the device. Sounds silly, but I baby my electronics enough. Vita wont be handled daily, like my Smartphone for instance. A phone is with you 24-7 and NEEDS a good case. Vita however, will likely just be dropped back into the first edition bundle clamshell case, and wiped of prints now and then.

Message 10 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes