Sep 02 2013
By: SliverAnimal45 Lombax Warrior 236 posts

What Time do you recommend going to the midnight release for the PS4

11 replies 231 views Edited Sep 2, 2013

Like what time should I go so I am not too late. I am new to this console launch stuff so I am quite nervous any advice I am going with my dad and he is fine going at anytime I need to. I also Pre-Ordered and my Gamestop lets me bring in the rest of the money at launch (I have a pretty flexible Gamestop) so what time would you recommed going if my gamestop is doing a midnight release ?

Message 1 of 12 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: What Time do you recommend going to the midnight release for the PS4

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

If it is anything like the iPhones then go a few months in advanced. Smiley LOL

In all honesty I would say go around noon. Depends where you live,

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 12 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1786 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

Since this is a controlled pre order launch, it doesn't need to be handled like black Friday. The time you show up is entirely up to you. If you like to linger then show up right after the store closes and chat with the other future playstation 4 owners, if your like me, I like hanging at the bar next to my game stop till about 11 and then hop in line.

Im sure that there will be plenty of festivities at the event to keep you entertained, my game stop has done great things at midnight launches, at the halo launches they had chipotle come in and feed everyone with free mt dew and prizes, Diablo 3 had some good give aways and COD always has the marines come in and throw some stuff.

Message 3 of 12 (219 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13734 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Depends where you live.

The only midnight release I went to was Black Ops 2, I went to it at 10:30PM, was 7th in line.

Of course, console releases are different. But like I said, it depends on location.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 12 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Sep 2, 2013
Stop hyping yourself up about the release day already everybody. Pace yourself it is STILL over 2 MONTHS AWAY. I know it is exciting though.
Message 5 of 12 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Sep 2, 2013

im going to mines at 9pm no later then 10, I will kick it with everyone for a bit pick up my paid off PS4 and im out

Message 6 of 12 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Early Afternoon Noon or shortly after.

Message 7 of 12 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Sep 2, 2013

holy moly you are going to be there a long time, did you preorder or pay your console off already? because I know if you did with gamestop you won't have to go that early and you will most likely still get your console. Mines told me they would hold mines for me until whenever I can pick it up I just want it at midnight as soon as its released.

Message 8 of 12 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Sep 2, 2013
I work at GameStop. In Michigan we close at 9 then get ready for the launch. Doors open back up at 10. This is when you will pay off ur preorder or just get the receipt. You will also receive a number. At that time ur free to go to the bar hang out with us take a nap. Whatever you wanna do. At 11:45 we kick everyone out of the store and grab the consoles. When midnight hits we call in order of numbers ten ppl at a time til everyone has one. Since it will be just for those who preordered its not going to be as bad as a cod release. My store only had like 80 preorders. I would show up at nine and wait that hr so you get one of the first numbers. I will prolly have to work it so ill get mine last if I get one at all. Smiley Sad company policy is customers first. So I hope they send all that we preordered!
Message 9 of 12 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Sep 2, 2013
nice crazy your in for one excitng night! I hope there is a console left over for you too.

Message 10 of 12 (145 Views)
0 Likes