Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 05 2012
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7583 posts

What The Playstation Vita Needs To Be A Success

38 replies 369 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

I keep hearing about the laughable sales figures the Vita has and it annoys me because it really iz a great portable system. It does just about everything and shouldn't be struggling. I think it's failure stems from many factors. Poor marketing being one of them. Sony really needs to Stess that it's about 100 times better than the stupid 3DS and because of it's vastly superior technology it is priced higher. Never the less the price for the Vita is just too high for most ppl to get it even tho it's a somewhat justified price tag. The Vita's 1st birthday is coming up fast and Sony needs to accept the fact that they are gunna need a Price cut if they wanna sell their many units that are just sitting in stores. A modest price cut to $199 would be perfect as it's not that expensive. The second and probably most Crucial factor for it's sucess to match the PSP is the Software! The PSP sold amazingly well ebcause it had killer games on it. The vita needs to follow suit as it's software Library iz pathetic. Not to mention it's not taking advantage of the huge Consumer base that wants PS2 Classic suport which it could very easily have on it.  I mean who wouldn't want a Portable sytem that can play PS1 Games , PS2 Games , PSN Games , PSP games and nearly identical PS3 games. They wouldn't need to rely on the crappy games the Vita has for it lol. Obviously a Slim Model is more than likely in the works which is alwayz a great selling point so that should be a no brainer. As far as gettin ppl interested in the Vita all it would need is a GTA game as that is waht got ppl crazy about the PSP. Anyway that's just me 2 cents on the Vita's failure and how it could very easily be the best selling handheld system ever.

Message 1 of 39 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Re: What The Playstation Vita Needs To Be A Success

Oct 6, 2012

For me, there is only three words that will fix the situation: "Monster Hunter Vita". That only will make the systems sells to go  to the skies and Sony will end up swimming in a pool of money.

Message 2 of 39 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2511 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

MH is not going to happen in the foreseeable future, if ever. People really need to get over it, Capcom has moved on to Nintendo and they've made that painfully clear. At this point, the PSV needs not just games but also far more support from Sony~.

Nintendo's 3DS struggled during its first year and it was their first party lineup what brought back confidence into the platform. If Sony wants to attract third party support, they need to show their own support for the platform first. But people need to accept the fact the PSV will never sell as well as the 3DS, Nintendo's handheld has a superior marketing strategy and a massive loyal fanbase that will buy it no matter what. These are the people who keep buying Pokemon games by millions in a launch week. Sony can't compete against that, but they could at least show some humility and acknowledge that the system is their biggest rival instead of pretending smartphones and tablets are being a problem to them~.

Also, OP, you need to use paragraphs. Your post is a bit painful to read~.

Message 3 of 39 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Monster Hunter

Message 4 of 39 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Gravity Rush,  Rayman Origins all great games now. Soon AC3 Liberation, COD Black ops(possibly good), Ragnarock, soul sacrafice, P.S.All stars Battle royal. As well as Killzone merc., Tearaway.

Just look at it all these games with in the first year, they all are good if not great and fun. Sony just really needs to push the Vita in adds and make it the thing to have. Yes a price drop will help but i love it and this is one of the best frist year game libray of games for a system. Along with the psp,ps1, throw some more ps2 and bam start slapping people with it. 

I hope the Vita Becomes a huge hit, i already own two of them so i throw my hat in to the ring. 

Message 5 of 39 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Good games and apps is all it needs.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 6 of 39 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Oct 6, 2012

LittleBigPlanet Vita.

Oh wait... it's already out. **bleep** buy it, people.

Message 7 of 39 (323 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Oct 6, 2012

They need to rename it "Nintendo _________", and all will be well. Nintendo fanboys will embrace it by the millions. :smileywink: lol.

I think it just needs a little time. That is for me, for everyone else it's anyones guess. This is my first Sony handheld and I like it every bit as much as I've like any of my Nintendo handhelds. Third party support, third party support, third party support I think would gain more gamers though.

Message 8 of 39 (321 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1159 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Thied party support is always a must but thay also need to finish what thay got. Web browser with no video player,psp games but not all the AAA games people want,ps1 games but not all the AAA games people want,and most apps only have limited controlls. If they finished what they have now, at least that would show they were in it 100%. I like mine a lot and play it everyday but it could be better if it was all complete. They really need to advertise it more also. I hardly ever see anything about it anywhere.

Message 9 of 39 (312 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12342 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Message 10 of 39 (304 Views)
0 Likes