Treasure Hunter
5202 posts

Re: What TV for PS4?

Jun 19, 2013

If you truly want the best TV out there. Check out the Sony 4K OLEDs. They only exist as as products for pro consumers and approach the $20,000 mark. We can only dream to game on one of those.

Message 21 of 26 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Jung-ook wrote:

chrball wrote:
I have the Panasonic S64 (step below the ST60) but I'm returning it due to the annoyingly loud buzzing from the back of the TV. Can hear it from 10+ feet away. Is this going to be the same for all Panasonic plasmas? I'm hesitant to go through the hassle of lugging another 50-inch Panasonic home if it'll have the same issues.

Do you think I should exchange the Plasma and hope the next one doesn't buzz as badly or just go with an LED? Something cheap like the Sony R450A (non-smart TV.. Hopefully good for low input)

I researched your buzzing issue and it looks to be a widespread issue dealing with both the S-series and the ST-series. It seems to plague the lower tiers of Panasonic's plasmas.

I generally do not like LED or LCD TVs in the fact that image quality is widely varied depending on what LED array companies use. For you however, I think its your best bet to go LED.

By the way, thanks for the heads up on the buzzing issue of Panny's plasmas. Will definitely keep this in mind if I purchase it.

Luckily I bought it at Costco and their return policy is really lax; at least for the first few months so Ill probably return the Panasonic and try a few of their LEDs around the same price range/size ($800-1000 50-inch). I'm tempted to exchange for another S64 just to see if this one was a fluke. I could handle buzzing/humming if it was quiet and barely noticeable like on older plasmas. I'd really miss the screen. Damnit. 

Message 22 of 26 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Suggesting a 4K TV is pointless, it is not worth getting one right now.

1. To expensive

2. No games are 4K Resloution

3. No movies ae 4k Resloution ( Blu Ray is 1080p )

4. Very few countries broadcast 4K content and the US is not one of them

Your best option for what to get for a TV other then what I already said is to find 3 or so TV's you really like, read reviews on each on diffrent sites and make a choice from there.

Message 23 of 26 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3324 posts

Jun 19, 2013

ok here you go,as i have torn down several hundred of these tv's and every make and model imaginable i will say this,the brand of the TV holds no water at all,many so called cheap brands and high end brands share the exact same screens sharing the same part numbers etc. as well as the rest of the internals of the sets..

that being said i have also seen so called high end brands use very cheap parts and so called cheap tv's use very high end parts..

do you think if you buy a Sony tv that all the parts inside are Sony?  not even close..same goes for all brands

the name on the tv is just a brand,just like a Harley Davidson...i get a kick out of how so many riders think they are made in the USA and then i prove to them that many parts for them come from China etc...

people put to much emphasis on the brand and thats what companies want,they love it when peopl are naive,thats how they make their money,but anyone like me knows way better...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 24 of 26 (337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 19, 2013

dude your sig's hilarious

Message 25 of 26 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3324 posts