Apr 01 2014
By: conFIGured First Son 3 posts

What PlayStation Needs

[ Edited ]
2 replies 164 views Edited Apr 1, 2014

The idea behind PS Now is amazing. Giving customers the oppurtunity to relive older games through stream.

#1 Any prepurchased game by player, verified by inserting disc. Gives owner complete rights to download or stream game unlimited, this will cause customers to buy up all the used games and clear your shelves of old PS1/2/3 games. I myself would buy a ton of favorites just to know i always have access to them remotely.

PS Vita

#1 Bluetooth a PS3 or PS4 controller to the vita for game play, providing optional bypass to vita slack controls through remote play when needed.

PS4

#1 Internet sharing to sony devices from PS4, IE Vita, Tablets, and so on.

#2 I know this may take more engineering and redisgning but an OPTIONAL ram upgrade in the future to the 2nd gen ps4 system would be ideal, if its not possible with 1st gen. State of the art PS4 and runs games like a PC but cannot tab like a PC and memory issues when surfing the web. I would gladly send in my ps4 and pay $200.00 for ram upgrade.

#3 Any PS4 disc bought game automatically allows you to ALSO download the full game from PSstore. Will clear shelves and still get downloads. Personally many people want a physical copy but with the larger HD for favorite games to play, its nice to just load from the XMB if you let us choose.

#4 PS4 Controller Mic, just a pluggin mic to attach to controller to talk to, controller speaker broadcasts party chat, like a Vita.

Connection Manager

#1 Needs to be accessable without being logged into the PC, just like a remote desktop app, browsing network folders and so on. Currently you have to be on a physical desktop for connection to be established.

Game Designer Dynamic Themes

#1 A Vast majority of games now have an excellent animated main menu. Have the game designers release the main menu of their game installable off Disc or Download, take off the Flash items like start, options and so on, Put the game name down in the corner unobstructed by the XMB apps above.

Project Morpheus

#1 Is it not possible to do 0LED screen for weight reduction instead of thicker LCD? If price is an issue, I imagine in 2 years when its ready to be released it will be cheaper to make, you already did it with Vita ahead of schedule.

Thanks for listening Sony Smiley Happy

Mod Edit: Fixed grammar in title. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TheTwistedCanuck

Message 1 of 3 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Re: Playstation Needed Features, Devices, Now, and more

Apr 1, 2014

#1 Any prepurchased game by player, verified by inserting disc. Gives owner complete rights to download or stream game unlimited, this will cause customers to buy up all the used games and clear your shelves of old PS1/2/3 games. I myself would buy a ton of favorites just to know i always have access to them remotely.

Do you want a console that constantly verify your game discs before you play? That will incur extra 

costs for Sony to implement. Last thing I want is a always online DRM Playstation...

PS Vita

#1 Bluetooth a PS3 or PS4 controller to the vita for game play, providing optional bypass to vita slack controls through remote play when needed.

Currently Vita TV supports PS4 controllers

PS4

#1 Internet sharing to sony devices from PS4, IE Vita, Tablets, and so on.

Did you meant auto-sync, just like google browser between mobile and desktop?

#2 I know this may take more engineering and redisgning but an OPTIONAL ram upgrade in the future to the 2nd gen ps4 system would be ideal, if its not possible with 1st gen. State of the art PS4 and runs games like a PC but cannot tab like a PC and memory issues when surfing the web. I would gladly send in my ps4 and pay $200.00 for ram upgrade.

8GB GDDR5 RAM is a lot, Nvidia GTX Titan only has 6GB GDDR5. It will cost more than $200 for a significant RAM upgrade (example, another 8GB GDDR5).

#3 Any PS4 disc bought game automatically allows you to ALSO download the full game from PSstore. Will clear shelves and still get downloads. Personally many people want a physical copy but with the larger HD for favorite games to play, its nice to just load from the XMB if you let us choose.

Kindly share a practical idea that does not involve DRM to prevent game sharing.

#4 PS4 Controller Mic, just a pluggin mic to attach to controller to talk to, controller speaker broadcasts party chat, like a Vita.

Sony included a mono headset that comes with a mic since day 1

Reduce prices for digital edition of games permanently if it is older than 2 years.
Message 2 of 3 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Re: What Playstation Needs

Apr 1, 2014
Your first point is moot due to the used games market. Companies that don't continue to make a profit off of used games won't want to give you access to a port/emulated copy simply because you own a disc. I have a number of discs that were given to me or I bought used.

The publishers and devs aren't making money off that copy so I shouldn't, as a consumer, have access to anything but that copy.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 3 of 3 (133 Views)
0 Likes