Jun 04 2014
By: clintstrifez First Son 8 posts

What PS4 is missing!

[ Edited ]
9 replies 228 views Edited Jun 5, 2014

Hi fellow PS4 owners! 1st off i just want to say i love my PS4 but holy crap its missing so many key fetures that should be mainstream at this point such as, offline trophy list, i want to be able to look at my trophies even if im off line. I feel the vita got it perfect, you can sort it buy console and wha not. Were are all my themes and avatars i bought on ps3? All avatars should show up on my ps4 it makes no sense. And why the hell cant i play and store my music i already own on my system? Music unlimited is a joke.

Ps3 has all this so **bleep**? My most wanted feture is a trophy room were i can look and display my fav trophies ive earned and show them off. This would add new life to trophy hunting. Have it like ps home were you can customize your entire room and what not. trophy hunting has grown stale for me and i feel it needs a mojor overhaul with new features. What do you guys think and want to be added to ps4?

Mod Edit: Added line breaks to text and added Ask the Community label. Check here for more information. Thanks!- TwistedTarantula

Message 1 of 10 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Re: What PS4 is missing!

Jun 4, 2014

Its sometimes funny to go back in time and see the history of the updates to the PS3 after it first came out.

On this page, Sony started listing the update history and changes on June 24, 2009. http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/history/index.htm#update110

Some of these were funny, and launched for the first time AFTER THE CONSOLE WAS OUT FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS:

PS3™ System Software Update 1.10

General
      • You can now use PlayStation®Network services.
Video
      • You can now select [Full Screen] under [Screen Mode] when playing video files saved on the hard disk or storage media.*. 
Network
      • You can now download and save music and video files on the hard disk under [Internet Browser].
      • You can now download the following types of content under [PlayStation®Store].
      • PlayStation®3 format software
      • PlayStation®Network titles*

PS3 | PS4 | PS Vita | PlayStation TV
Message 2 of 10 (219 Views)
Wastelander
811 posts

Jun 4, 2014

PS4™ System Software Update 1.71b

General
      • You can now excercise patience when anticipating future updates

Please, no blank friend requests - let me know who you are!

Playstation MVP Terms & Conditions
Message 3 of 10 (212 Views)
Gaming Beast
2124 posts

Jun 4, 2014

sddsfcasdfasd

Message 4 of 10 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2014

Inability to change the PS4's background wallpaper's is driving me nuts. 

Message 5 of 10 (167 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5489 posts

Jun 5, 2014
Serious question, not trying to be a jury. How often do leave your ps4 on the PDM (Xmb)? Is that really your main concern? Personally, I'd rather see them add quite a few more things before aesthetic features.
Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 6 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 5, 2014

How about not being able to play 3D blurays even though you could with PS3.

Message 7 of 10 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 5, 2014

@ Skyjumper.  Exactly.  You would have thought that the Blueray 3D capabilities would have been a given on this console.   Im just a little disappointed they hyped this thing up to be a beast but it nothing more than game player really.  Hopefully Sony will get the hint an throw some updates in to give us our Media capabilities back.  Also dont you love how these forums are here so you can give an opinion yet all I see is someone giving a crappy opinion to your opinion. 

Message 8 of 10 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 5, 2014

Cant do it.  Yet anyways.

Message 9 of 10 (100 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11639 posts

Jun 5, 2014

jamt1968 wrote:

@ Skyjumper.  Exactly.  You would have thought that the Blueray 3D capabilities would have been a given on this console.   Im just a little disappointed they hyped this thing up to be a beast but it nothing more than game player really.  Hopefully Sony will get the hint an throw some updates in to give us our Media capabilities back.  Also dont you love how these forums are here so you can give an opinion yet all I see is someone giving a crappy opinion to your opinion. 

yes, they did. to play video games. the marketing for the PS4 was/is completely different thatn the PS3. they actually marketed the PS3 as a media center device. the PS4 has been marketed purely for games, everything else is secondary, according to Yoshida himself.

home 3D is dead. last year, only a handful of new 3D TVs were brought to CES and only 8% of TVs sold last year were 3D TVs. again, Yoshida has responded to the question of  3D with "no one else is talking about it, why should we"...no one, including sony is making any money off of home 3D, they're not going to invest resources on something with such a tiny return.

Yoshida has already responded to DLNA concerns. the last information we got was that it had been given to the engineers to work on getting it into the system. again, it wasn't a priority, making a video game console was.

yes, these forums are for discussions and opinions, not wants or suggestions. there is another place for that and it's at http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

the issue with threads like this, is that they don't do anything, but start problems within the community. this isn't the proper place to give sony that kind of feedback. that kind of data is not collected here, it's redundant.

then, when people *do* make these kinds of threads and people come in and tell them the logic and reasons behind this kind of stuff, they take it personally and insult us, when it should be the other way around. sony put out the information on what the PS4 could and couldn't do, it's not their fault, or ours, if people didn't bother to research their $400+ decision.

Message 10 of 10 (91 Views)
0 Likes