Aug 29 2013
By: Mordekaiser1v5 First Son 17 posts

What PS4 games will you buy on launch?

39 replies 339 views Edited Aug 29, 2013

As the title says, what PS4 games will you buy on launch?

I planned to get 2 games but i haven't decided on my 2nd game. I will get killzone shadow fall for sure.

Tell me what games you are getting and why, maybe i will get some new ideas.

Lets see what games everyone will buy first! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 40 (339 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6003 posts

Re: What PS4 games will you buy on launch?

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Mordekaiser1v5 wrote:

As the title says, what PS4 games will you buy on launch?

I planned to get 2 games but i haven't decided on my 2nd game. I will get killzone shadow fall for sure.

Tell me what games you are getting and why, maybe i will get some new ideas.

Lets see what games everyone will buy first! Smiley Wink

Same for me, my Killzone Shadow Fall is paid off, was my very first title I bought because I'm a huge fan of the series (bought Killzone on PS2, Killzone Liberation twice by disc and then digitally, bought Killzone 2 & 3 on PS3 but sold the two to offset the cost of buying the HD Trilogy. Currently play in the Killzone Mercenary beta - pre-order in full of course).

My second game is going to be knack. Now stop your cackling over there. Hear me out, there are two franchises near to my heart and that's Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter. After Crash was sold to Activision (Vivendi Universal, I know), they murdered what made that franchise so good and then buried the infernal bandicoot to never be heard from again. Jak had one new game during the PS2 and PSP days and was ok due to it not being made by Naughty Dog (although Daxter on PSP was pretty great). Both games have a similar outcome. Where were they on PS3, classic releases [in HD or not] disqualified. Knack looks like that itch I've been craving for years now - a classic fun platformer that reminds me a lot of what Crash and Jak and Daxter so special. So yeah, I'm getting Knack as a 28 year old dude, no matter the age, there's a kid in all of us.

Watch Dogs is my third game but not until I see Digital Foundry's analysis breakdown between the PS4 and PS3 versions. I'm pretty sure one is going to look ten times better due to the tech differences between the two consoles but something in me is trekking me to wait and see.I'll most likely buy it shortly after beating Knack, don't want to start collecting  3 or 4 games and I'm only playing them one at a time.

Battlefield 4 May.....be a purchase but not right away at all. I want to see again what Digital Foundry has to say before jumping on that game, especially due to the recent articles we all have read.

That's at least my 4 on my list, peace!

Message 2 of 40 (330 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Battlefield 4 and KillZone Shadowfall are the only two games will be getting right now. I am more exited for KillZone then Battlefield since I have never played a KillZone before. The campaign looks like it will be stunning and eye appealing which is what I am looking forward to along with the Multiplayer.
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 3 of 40 (319 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Thanks for your reply,

Knack didn't even cross my mind but that's because I haven't seen much of it yet, i'll check it out later when I get home.

But I'm looking for a good RPG and I can't wait for dragon age and the witcher for PS4.

The thing with battlefield 4 is that they hold back a lot of maps and sell them in map packs for €15,- a piece. That's why I'm waiting for the battlefield premium. The premium edition includes all 5 DLC map packs among some other things. I'll probably have to wait a year even though I love the game so much, I've played battlefield since part 1 and played all others aswell.
But I'm not paying €60,- for the game, and another €50,- for premium membership. That's just to much.

Message 4 of 40 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Aug 29, 2013
I probably won't be able to get premium for Battlefield until some time next year. Hopefully I can scrape up enough cash before I get my PS4.
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 5 of 40 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

none

F2P games and demos right off the bat...not sure about Battefield, tired of COD, never got into Killzone, didnt enjoy infamous and assassins creed (owned 1st, played brotherhood) , madden looks iffy, knack looks too kiddish

got my eyes on games that arent launching at startup or still in production but even still i havent seen a majority of eye openers quite yet

watchdogs is one of the only intriguing but im sure id delve into demos and got a better idea of whats going to peak my interest

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 6 of 40 (313 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

I never played killzone either, but it looks so stunning and fun to play. It's a game with both good mulitplayer and singleplayer, at least it seems so.

Maybe you should check it out!

Message 7 of 40 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Aug 29, 2013

launch titles typically get to demo stage...i remember playing KZ2 demo and it was entertaining once i got the backwards controls right...but even still i was thinking i probably dont need to own this game....sometimes games just dont hit you hard enough

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 8 of 40 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3642 posts

Aug 29, 2013

motell6 wrote:

none

F2P games and demos right off the bat...not sure about Battefield, tired of COD, never got into Killzone, didnt enjoy infamous and assassins creed (owned 1st, played brotherhood) , madden looks iffy, knack looks too kiddish

got my eyes on games that arent launching at startup or still in production but even still i havent seen a majority of eye openers quite yet

watchdogs is one of the only intriguing but im sure id delve into demos and got a better idea of whats going to peak my interest

Isn't it nice to be able to take a console home and have 3-5 games that you can play with a single purchase? I dont know about the next gen version of madden but the ps3 version has the feel of the old Madden games (which is a really good thing). Yay for free games!

Message 9 of 40 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3875 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Assassins Creed Black Flag:  I was gonna skip Creed this year, because I think that AC 2 and maybe Brotherhood were the best ones and the franchise has been kinda "meh" since then, but the trailers for Black Flag have definitely got me interested again.

Watchdogs:  If the game is as good as the trailers make it look, this is going to be another biggy for Ubisoft.  Sure wish that they would have a PS4 launch release of Splinter Cell, like they are doing with Creed.

Haven't really made up my mind on Knack.  Looks to be a fun game though, and is definitely something that my grandson and I can play together in co-op. mode.  He is 14 though and may think the game is to "childish". Smiley LOL

Other games that I have preordered that aren't launch release:  The Order, Destiny, and Infamous.

Message 10 of 40 (276 Views)
0 Likes