Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 02 2012
By: IAmRonnylox1 Monster Hunter 44 posts

What Game Should I get? (RPG)

[ Edited ]
11 replies 260 views Edited Dec 2, 2012

I recently got my PSVita (Black Friday)

And I am currently looking into buying a  game or two. I currently have all the PS Plus games available although I cant play them all seeing that I dont have my memory card yet.

Im trying to figure out which game I should get. I would like to get an SRPG or regular RPG.  I dont have a lot of extra money to spend this month since I am already purchasing a 32gb memory card. So I figure I wont be buying more than one game. 

Im stuck deciding between:

- And I'm leaning toward these two:

1. Persona 4 Golden

2. Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention

Ragnarok Odyssey (iffy)

RPGs that I liked:

• Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (psp)
  • Monster Hunter Series
  • My Life as A King (WiiWare)
  • Dragons Dogma
  • Skyrim

Please post what you think I should get. Would be great if you explained your reason (why you liked the game), and not just stated the name of the game. I would also take a look at a game thats not an RPG if you can convince me. (link to a review and say some nice things about it)

Proud Owner of PS3, PS Vita, Nintendo Wii and 3DS.
O... I also have a 360.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Re: What Game Should I get? (RPG)

Dec 2, 2012

Persona 4 Golden :robotvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (258 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Persona 4 Golden, u could easily put 100hr in to it but I also suggest
check out Ragnarok Odyssey specially if u like MH type games, there actually demo for it.

i also highly recommend u to get Gravity Rush (free for plus user) and Zero Escapeat (also has demo)

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (242 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Dec 2, 2012

IAmRonnylox1 wrote:

I recently got my PSVita (Black Friday)

And I am currently looking into buying a  game or two. I currently have all the PS Plus games available although I cant play them all seeing that I dont have my memory card yet.

Im trying to figure out which game I should get. I would like to get an SRPG or regular RPG.  I dont have a lot of extra money to spend this month since I am already purchasing a 32gb memory card. So I figure I wont be buying more than one game. 

Im stuck deciding between:

- And I'm leaning toward these two:

1. Persona 4 Golden

2. Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention

Ragnarok Odyssey (iffy)

RPGs that I liked:

• Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (psp)
  • Monster Hunter Series
  • My Life as A King (WiiWare)
  • Dragons Dogma
  • Skyrim

Please post what you think I should get. Would be great if you explained your reason (why you liked the game), and not just stated the name of the game. I would also take a look at a game thats not an RPG if you can convince me. (link to a review and say some nice things about it)

You should absolutely go for Persona 4: The Golden seeing as how you listed a few RPGs based on character development and complex plots which is about the core of Persona 4. The game can easily take 80+ hours, more if you want to platinum it (and platinum this game is the perfect excuse to experience all the content, both old and new). The game has an engaging plot and perfectly fleshed out characters. Graphics aren't top tier, this is a PS2 game with an HD liftover after all, but I promise you'll love them nonetheless~.

Disgaea 3 is a SRPG but very focused on grinding, it's a lot of fun and it has a ton of replayability, problem is that in games like this when you start focusing more on the side content you lose touch with the plot. And Disgeas plots aren't strong to begin with, these games are always of the comedic type. I strongly suggest you go for Persona 4: The Golden~.

As for RO, far as I am concerned, it's not a RPG (neither is MH, which you listed as having played) but if you liked MH you should give RO a try in the future. It's a lightweight version of MH, which can be a good or bad thing for you, depending on what did you like / dislike about MH. Missions can be tackled in 10 ~ 15 minutes at most with only the latter missions in the game taking as much as 20 minutes. Online play is top notch though and a lot of fun with friends. It's just that it's all about the gameplay and grinding (which let's face, it gets extremely addictive) but as far as RPG content: you got no real story, no character development, no Lore so as to speak and since you are looking for a true RPG, I don't see how a Monster Hunting game could fit that bill~.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (226 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Get The Golden for sure.  Disgaea 3 is still a great game, but get P4G first.  Also, I would reccomend Gravity Rush for a second game.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Gravity Rush is a great game, but it's not an RPG.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Dec 2, 2012
As amazing as GR is, he said he was short on cash, so he's better off getting it something that will last him a while which leaves GR out since it's a rather short game (with DLCs and all I platinum'ed around 7 ~ 8 hours)~.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (217 Views)
Monster Hunter
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

I mostly mentioned MH because I like the fighting style it has. Similar to crisis core. Its Real Time.

I do have gravity rush but I have not been able to play it. my current memory card 4gb is out of space due to the games available on PS+. GR is one of those games, but the total size of all the games they had this month is probably around 6gb. The first game I dled and installed was Uncharted, 3 / 3.8 gb was used up immediately.  I do plan on trying out gravity rush after I get my new memory card, or when I finish beating uncharted (and delete it)

Thanks for all of your replies, and at this time, It looks like I will probably be getting P4G. This wont be for another week or so, so keep replying you may be able to change my mind, or find something else to get.

Proud Owner of PS3, PS Vita, Nintendo Wii and 3DS.
O... I also have a 360.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Don't change your mind from P4G. Get that game and you won't regret it.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Dec 3, 2012

You should, without a doubt, get Persona 4: Golden. Not only is it probably the Vita's best game right now, its probably one of the best games *ever*. The game will easily last you over 80+ Hours, more if you want to collect all of the trophies for it because it requires multiple playthroughs (Unless you use a guide).

The story is amazing, gameplay is fun, enchanced features are increadable.

You should definately consider buying it, or look it up at least.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (161 Views)
0 Likes