Message 31 of 53 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Re: What Do We Need More Of In Gaming?

Jan 29, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

More games like The Last of Us.  Easily the best game I've ever played

Last of Us, all the Uncharted, all of MGS, and White Knight are my favs of all time.

Message 32 of 53 (77 Views)
MVP Support
12554 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

What Do We Need More Of In Gaming?

Logic, reason, compassion, and a sense of unity.

Introducing game mechanics that encourage team play isn't enough - we have to foster that sort of community when the controllers aren't in our hands just as much.

I spend more time with my PSN friends now than any other "internet friends" I've ever had, and that includes the former spouse I met in the heyday of chatrooms, so, I think that the more inclusive games become, the better they will be.

Very good point, Jim. 

Competition in gaming has kind of ruined any of what you mentioned above Smiley Sad. Players will do almost anything to win, even resorting to cheating, either in game or via a cheat code.

To make the community more inclusive would be very good. To welcome in new members instead of bashing them, or just generally treating them badly... isn't any way to go about it.

Don't get me wrong, there are still decent people in the gaming community... but they seem to be drowned out by the louder gamers, the ones who rely on doing almost anything to win. 

Gaming companies need to make games that would help to foster what you mentioned above in your post. It would be nice to see more of that kind of behavior out there.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 33 of 53 (70 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12554 posts

Jan 29, 2014

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

We need more  publishers to allow (thanks Jim) developers to actually work on the game and make sure it's working well before releasing. That means you EA. (and Bathsheda)

Fixed that for ya', King Smiley Wink. Agreed. Too many gaming companies are putting out gamers that aren't ready for release yet and are full of glitches and bugs.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 34 of 53 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 29, 2014

I need socom confrontation back.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 35 of 53 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Jan 29, 2014

We need more servers(for each games) to improve the online gaming experience.

Message 36 of 53 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jan 29, 2014

hydroshubong wrote:

that would actually cause more problems, let me explain..

when a game company sets up a server for they're games they set up a limited number so they know how many to put on the task of setting it up. they then pay Sony to allow they're servers to run on the "master server" Sony controls. now take into consideration that on any given server you have hundreds if not thousands of interent providers connecting all at once, then throw in mics, and in the PS4's case all the streaming that all has to run off of the servers main connection to Sony thous slowing it and causing lag.

now if you added more servers the people running them would have a hard time keeping an eye on the servers and making sure they run as best they could. with most companies cutting staff as is now-a-days it just wouldn't work..

Message 37 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Jan 29, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

hydroshubong wrote:

that would actually cause more problems, let me explain..

[SNIP]

now if you added more servers the people running them would have a hard time keeping an eye on the servers and making sure they run as best they could. with most companies cutting staff as is now-a-days it just wouldn't work..

If anything, increasing the bandwidth allotted per server would be about as good as it would get.  Plus, adding more servers would only serve to spread out the userbase, rather than bring them together.  In other words, Vorx, we agree.  

Grindhead_Jim

Message 38 of 53 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

If anything, increasing the bandwidth allotted per server would be about as good as it would get.  Plus, adding more servers would only serve to spread out the userbase, rather than bring them together.  In other words, Vorx, we agree.  

not only that but with the mics, the PS4's streaming, and the countless connections only add to the trouble like i said. this is one of the main flaws i seen in the PS4 when i found out about all the social media stuff they added. its just like a PC, you use a bunch of things all at once and you slow down.

Message 39 of 53 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jan 29, 2014

We definitely need more spies and cowboy-related games, the wild west, like Red Dead Redemption, is ripe for some more open-world games.

Message 40 of 53 (43 Views)
0 Likes