I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Re: What AAA franchise have you not played yet?

Sep 14, 2012
every single one!
Message 11 of 36 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2801 posts

Sep 14, 2012

This is going to be a long winded post, so bear with me here.

Borderlands (1st game) - It looks super fun, especially if played co-op with friends. Every time I think about buying it I change my mind for some reason.

Jak & Daxter - Briefly played the first game some time ago but never finished it, what little I did play I enjoyed. Didn't play the second and third games at all. I'm thinking of getting the HD collection soon.

Ratchet & Clank - I played but didn't finsh R&C Future: Tools of Destruction. It was then I realized I should've gotten into the franchise a lot sooner. I now have the HD Collection and will start playing it soon.

Sly Cooper - Never had interest in these games for unknown reasons yet again. Played the early release demo for Thieves in Time and again quickly realized that was a mistake. I found out that it is just the type of game that I would play for hours.

Rayman - Not until I played "Origins" did I see how much I fun I missed out on by not playing the original games on PS1. I may look into buying those games soon.

God of War - I didn't play any of these games until "Chains of Olympus" on PSP because of the content of the games. Once that barrier was broken I slowly came around to wanting to play the rest of the franchise.

Grand Theft Auto - I have never played any of the games and never will due the content and nature of them. Same goes for the Mafia,  True Crime, and Red Dead games.

Bioshock - As much as I want to delve into this franchise, I just can't seem to work toward playing 1 and 2. Strange thing is I had both games at one time and never played them.

**bleep**. I also feel this way about the Elder Scrolls franchise.

Message 12 of 36 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56233 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Tim81DE wrote:

For myself, it's been Assassin's Creed. I remember seeing footage and just thinking "it's not for me", looking somewhat like a limited Grand Theft Auto. The interest is changing with the "third" and the Vita spinoff because the trailers look amazing!

The other **bleep** and slash, but that all changed with Heavenly Sword and I've been thinking of giving them a try soon (I own the God of War collection, just never thrown it in).

Though these made me wonder if any others have skipped out on a huge franchise and for what reason?

I also have not tried or thought of trying assasins creed.  No real reason other than it never interested me.

I haven't played any of the COD games, online, either (i do like the offline campaigns and online co op stuff though, just the competitve mode's perk system annoys me)

GOW was a lot of fun Smiley Happy.  

Message 13 of 36 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Sep 14, 2012

I don't play the Grand Theft Auto games but thats just because I dont like the type of (adult) content they put in those titles it turns me off. Im the same way with Saints Row games Im not a fan of the types of humor they put in those games. I know they both have huge followings but I find them to be on the offensive side.

Message 14 of 36 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Sep 14, 2012
I think GTA contains adult materials that might not appeal to everyone, which some of you guys say so.

But, I'm giving this GTA Trilogy (PS2) a chance for myself to play it on my slim PS2 console one day..
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 15 of 36 (80 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Sep 14, 2012

COD

Battlefield

Uncharted

Infamous 2

Arkham City

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”
― William Faulkner
Message 16 of 36 (76 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31182 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Final Fantasy. Any of them. 

Message 17 of 36 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Mass Effect.

Message 18 of 36 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Final Fantasy and Elder Scrolls.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 19 of 36 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

PS3:

Infamous - Never interested me enough.

Warhawk - Not a big fan of RTS.

Assassin's Creed - Not a big fan of action games like AC.

Batman Arkham series - Hate Batman (biased, I know)

Other than that, I think  I've played at least one game in every other AAA franchise.

Message 20 of 36 (65 Views)
0 Likes