Sep 05 2012
By: Tim81DE Wastelander 845 posts

What AAA franchise have you not played yet?

35 replies 619 views Edited Sep 5, 2012

For myself, it's been Assassin's Creed. I remember seeing footage and just thinking "it's not for me", looking somewhat like a limited Grand Theft Auto. The interest is changing with the "third" and the Vita spinoff because the trailers look amazing!

The other franchise I have yet to play is God of War. Never been a fan of hack and slash, but that all changed with Heavenly Sword and I've been thinking of giving them a try soon (I own the God of War collection, just never thrown it in).

Though these made me wonder if any others have skipped out on a huge franchise and for what reason?

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 36 (619 Views)
Sackboy
638 posts

Re: What AAA franchise have you not played yet?

Sep 5, 2012
For me, if this is the case for PS3 games, it would be "Batman: Arkham Asylum" & "Batman: Arkham City" that I haven't played yet.

Yes, they are yet my backlog PS3 games that need to be played & beaten.

The reason is simple: I need to take turn for other consoles (Wii/PS2) & other games in (Wii/PS2/PSone) that need to be played as well. It's just I can't play them all in one day or one whole week. It's impossible for me.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 2 of 36 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Sep 5, 2012

eloratings wrote:
For me, if this is the case for PS3 games, it would be "Batman: Arkham Asylum" & "Batman: Arkham City" that I haven't played yet.

Yes, they are yet my backlog PS3 games that need to be played & beaten.

The reason is simple: I need to take turn for other consoles (Wii/PS2) & other games in (Wii/PS2/PSone) that need to be played as well. It's just I can't play them all in one day or one whole week. It's impossible for me.

I don't think we have to limit it to the PS3. Crash Bandicoot and Spyro were huge franchises on the PS1, and Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper were even larger on the PS2. Heck, even LocoRoco and Patapon are pretty big PSP titles. So I think we could open this up for more then current gen.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 36 (611 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal 2012, Batman Arkham City, InFamous 2, and a few HD Collections (not just PS2, cause this includes GoW Origins) that I never got to play from the PS2. Luckily, recently I just got R&C HD Collection & Journey Collector's Edition. But there are other games I haven't gotten to that are not franchises itself like SSX.

But the ones listed, I've played the prequels but not the sequels. And there are ones I skipped such as games I have no interest such as Mass Effect. But I did skipped out on the Resistance series, and now that I started the R&C series with All 4 One + starting on the HD Collection, I'm thinking to get another series from that Developer which is Resistance, all 1/2/3 games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 4 of 36 (595 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Sep 5, 2012
I haven't played Battlefield/COD, Mass Effect, Killzone. I'm not really a social gamer. I don't play much online besides Uncharted and Awesomenauts.

I'm mostly unaffected by populism, I like what I like and I'm not caught up in zeitgeist. For instance, I loved BioShock and Red Dead to death but only got them in '11 and '12 respectively. Not new but they were new to me!

I've also never seen Titanic, Lost, Dark Knight Rises or It's a Wonderful Life (despite seeing A Christmas Story 200 times)
Message 5 of 36 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Sep 5, 2012

i just got the god of war saga cuz i heard for years how i "had" to play them, i got about 10 minutes in to ghost of sparta and turned it off due to it being a boring **bleep** button masher kinda what i suspected the whole time and the reason i didnt play them originally.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 6 of 36 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

I m way behind. Still haven't playedAssassin Creed **bleep** ,and possibly many more. Im more of a Jrpg kind of guy, also Im always short on cash  -_-

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 7 of 36 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Sep 14, 2012

There isn't a single AAA game that I haven't played at least one.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 8 of 36 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Any CoD or Battlefield game.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 9 of 36 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

If I try to play a game while my desire only consists of abiding by another's recommendation, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to have fun with the game. My state of being heavily impacts the way I receive games as well. Trying to play Sly again has been an empty experience. I purchased it while feeling nostalgic and optimistic about having more time to play it now. (Played on a friend's console originally.) It seems fun but I'm not compelled to play and cannot enjoy it.

Message 10 of 36 (511 Views)
0 Likes