Jun 13 2013
By: nathanfabs First Son 4 posts

Well, it's official.

10 replies 2167 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

tl;dr .. some questions at the bottom

My name's Nathan. After the sony press conference at E3, I went to sleep and immediately went to Eb Games when I woke up. Once there, I did what I never thought I would do: I ordered a PS4. I've been an Xbox fanboy since 2005. Last console generation I recieved my Xbox 360 close to launch to due low supplies, but regardless I fell in love right away. Spending countless hours obtaining 50,000 gamerscore within the first year, as well as enjoying almost every exclusive pumped out for the system.

But here I am today; I have officially switched sides. Xbox has a great system, do not get me wrong. But sketchy privacy terms, as well as the hazy DRM idea turned me off. Halo sucks now. Gears is over (well CliffyB left.. so gears is over). Fable sucks now. Topped off with the worst rewards system for subscribing to an online service (really.. 10MS points as a birthday gift?), I can safely say Xbox has lost me. Now the Xbox one is a great idea, and Microsoft has entered brand new demographic with their 'all in one' machine - but I have a laptop, I have a cable box, I have an iPad. Why would I get rid of all this still-new technologythat is currently working perfectly for me for a new device that is $500? I could see this all in one stuff being huge in maybe 6 years.. but not yet.

Anyways, not that any of you give a **bleep** about all that ^ hahahahaha. Here are some questions I have.

1. I created a PSN name on this website (nathanfabs). Will this be my PSN name once I log on with a PS4?
2. Has sony released a list of launch titles yet? If so, which ones would you recommend?

3. Do you like waffles?

Thanks to whoever helped, and whoever had to read my boring bio.. well.. sorry hahahahah.
Cheers!

Message 1 of 11 (2,167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Re: Well, it's official.

Jun 13, 2013
Welcome to the dark side of video gaming!

PlayStation 4 life!
Message 2 of 11 (2,021 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5221 posts

Jun 13, 2013

1. I don't know

2. Launch Titles

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
DriveClub
FIFA 14
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed Rivals
Watch_Dogs
Warframe [Free-to-Play]
The Witness

3. yes

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 3 of 11 (1,989 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4712 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Message 4 of 11 (1,938 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 13, 2013

So assassins creed is a launch title eh?

I'll probably go with that and battlefield at launch, then Watch Dogs and Killzone for Christmas. Beauty, thanks!

Message 5 of 11 (1,808 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

nathanfabs wrote:

Anyways, not that any of you give a **bleep** about all that ^ hahahahaha. Here are some questions I have.

1. I created a PSN name on this website (nathanfabs). Will this be my PSN name once I log on with a PS4?
2. Has sony released a list of launch titles yet? If so, which ones would you recommend?

3. Do you like waffles?

Thanks to whoever helped, and whoever had to read my boring bio.. well.. sorry hahahahah.
Cheers!

1. > Yes, the username is your PSN name used across all devices and interaction with the website and related services.

2. > There is no official list yet, but so far the known titles are: Killzone, Drive Club and Knack. There are other titles that are floating "around" launch, but not necessarily day and date...such as Watch Dogs and Infamous: Second Son.

3. > No, I do not like waffles. The Carl's Jr. breakfast burger is pretty tasty though.

Message 6 of 11 (1,785 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I like waffles.

Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Message 7 of 11 (1,577 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 13, 2013

That's what I figured. I'd assume games that come out on ps3 before the ps4 release will be at launch as well like BF4.

Thanks!

..I also love the friendliness of this community, definitely helping justify the switch hahaha! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11 (1,388 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Jun 13, 2013

nathanfabs wrote:

tl;dr .. some questions at the bottom

My name's Nathan. 

3. Do you like waffles?

Cheers!

Welcome to PlayStation.

I can see that you're really interested about it so here's the run down. 

Now I'm sure you heard about PlayStation Plus service by now and the games that come with it when your subscribed. Even though now it is required to play online for the Ps4, it's well more worth than Live. [Live is now turning into Plus service with their games coming in as well.] You'll have access to betas, discounts, and games. A lot of people are bummed out because the Ps4 needs a service to play online but click this link and scroll down to my comment.

So after reading that, you'll know that some games will not require Plus for online. Planetside 2 and Dc Universe are online always and are very good games. So you have two games you can get once you have your Ps4. 

And i'd recommend Killzone Shadow Fall, since I've been a Killzone fan for a while. 

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 9 of 11 (656 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Yes I did hear a bit about the mandatory Playstation Plus. As an Xbox Live subscriber for 9 years now, paying for an online service is fine by me! Especially as the free games and bonuses thing Plus has going is absolutely incredible.

Thanks for your help LazyShady! Smiley Happy I will definitely look in to Killzone more. I have never played a Killzone game in my life so I will have to check that out for sure. My question is how are the analogs/the controller for fps games? I'm a huuuuuge fan of fps multiplayer, but I haven't spent much time playing fps games on the PS3. Is the dualshock optimal for FPS games, or will it be something I'll have to take a bit of time to get used to?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11 (495 Views)
0 Likes