Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 11 2013
By: DannyK11 Uncharted Territory 1785 posts

Well... Lets sum it up

7 replies 127 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

As we all know by now... Sony won and it wasnt even close.

Some people are complaining about PS+ requirement and really... Booo hoo. This is going to improve our online quality and it will come with some games. Quit being cheap.

The console looks wayyy better than the xbox.

The game lineup was spectacular... I have never been so excited about a launch lineup.

The only thing left to know about is playstation Home, and at this point I don't even care because im already sold.

Enough of the carrying on and just sit back and lets just soak this all in.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (127 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10000 posts

Re: Well... Lets sum it up

Jun 11, 2013

DannyK11 wrote:

If we're being completely honest, the Ps4 doesnt look that much different from the xbox 1

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Absinthetic wrote:

DannyK11 wrote:

If we're being completely honest, the Ps4 doesnt look that much different from the xbox 1

True, but the Xbox One is just square... the PS4 looks like an awesome parallelogram!  :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Absinthetic wrote:

DannyK11 wrote:

Your kidding right? the Xbone looks like a DVR- VCR love child, the ps4 has some nice lines and it isnt so plain. Also the PS4 really reminds me of the PS2, which I like a lot.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9138 posts

Jun 11, 2013
I think you guys are being blind fanboys they consoles look very similar to each other. The only difference is that the ps4 is slanted
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Jun 11, 2013

To be honest I don't really care what the console looks like.  The only thing about the design that I'm worried about is that it didn't look like there was alot of ventilation and considering how hot the PS3 gets that could be a problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Call me a Fanboy if thats what you need to do to hide the fact that you have no visual sense.

Xbox_Console_RHS78_TransBG_RGB_2013.pngLooks like a DVR to me

PS4_4_610x407.jpg

Looks more like the tradition sony design, a little ps2 orig mixed with a ps2 slim. This doesnt resemble any DVR unit I have seen.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (68 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13868 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

My initial commentson all conferances but MS and Nintendo...

EA)

This was probably the worst conferance of the day (but it'll still probably be better than Nintendo's), but in any case they only focused on next gen titles and nothing they showed was new. Well, except Titanfall, which we had already seen at the MS conference and Mirrors edge 2. Which has no release date at all. It was all franchise games. It was nothing new and there was too much of a focus on EA sports titles. That part took waaay too long. Yes, Plants VS zombies 2 is coming, but some gamers may not like the fact that it's an action game. They also vrey quickly announced Peggle 2. IDK why. So, this was a very dull presention IMO.

Grade) C

Ubisoft)

I will say this for Ubisoft, they had the better presentation out of all of the conferences. They had a host, Aiesha Tyler, and it was a good mixture of titles that were showcased. We got two new suprises in "The Crew" and Tom Clancy's: The Division and their franchise game presentation went fairly well. Watch Dogs looked better and IMO it's a game that we should look out for and of course Assassin's creed 4 look awsome. But, I could have done without the Rocksmith demo and Rabbids the TV show and game was a low point. Still, they showed a decent amount of current games (in Splinter cell:Blacklist and Rayman legends) and overall their presentation was the most balanced.

Grade)A minus

Sony)

I just got done watching Sony. So my comments are fresher. And in all honesty, I have had no time to reflect. So, I'll comment on what I can. First, they started later than anyone else. But, they at least showed a good amount of PS3 and Vita games. Both systems will be supported for awhile. I like that and so should most PS3 owners. Unfortunatly, then they moved into "Entertianment for gamers".
Which was code for the same entertainment apps that you have on PS3 will be on PS4. Some of the new games that they showed were the same one's from the February reveal. The trailers were expanded a bit more. Then we had a good segment on showing PS4 arcade games and all the developers were playing on stage. I wasn't happy about the tech demo, but I was glad it was short. Final fantasy fans shoud be happy, FF14, 15 and FF 13 vs are all coming and FF 14 is PS4 exclusive. The Assassin creed 4 demo was good, but had technical issues and Mad max (a game from the Mad max movies) debuted. I was kind of unimpressed.
Elder scrolls online was shown. The Beta is exclusive to PS4, but I still think it's a multiplatform game. There are also a lot of 3rd party games that are giving exclusive content "First" to the PS4. Finally we ended with Bungie's Destiny. Which looked good, but also was multiplayer focused. Which frustrates me as a mostly single player gamer. So IDK if I'll get it. It was the same with Titanfall. A
good looking FPS, but is it a MMO? seriously no single player? So, IDK. The biggest news of the night came at the end. PS plus carries over to PS4 and works the same on both systems. Like for example Drive club (PS4's launch racing game)
will be available for free to PS Plus members. Along with some of the arcade titles that were shown. There's no always online requirement (which is of course a dig at MS), all used games work on the PS4 (that should make you happier), and
the price is $399. 100 less than the X1. I thought SHOCK!!! HOLY **bleep**!!! I think Sony just gained an advantage. Many a thread will be writtian because of that me thinks.

Grade) A

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (47 Views)
0 Likes