Fender Bender
2546 posts

Re: Well, I'm bringing a knife to the PS4 Midnight Launch

Sep 28, 2013

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

jarocc74 wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Are you serious????? LOL!!!!! You talk about common sense???? You really think that some person who is out to randomly try to steal someone's PS4 at a mid night release is going to possibly know where anyone that is there actually lives and not pick out someone that lives far away in order to follow them and then rob their house to ...... wow

I've worked in a Medium / Maximum security prison for over 10 years, I know how criminals work, I know how they think. A very large portion of the people that are in there are in for robbery b/c they needed to sell items for drug money. They are people of opportunity, not someone who is going to randomly pick someone out in a parking lot hoping they might live close by and then follow them all the way home. That's nice for you to make an assumption that I'm not good at what I do (b/c I'm sure you have a lot of experience working inside a prision or with criminals on a regular baisis correct? ) based on absolutely nothing at all but one thing I can tell from your posts is that you have zero common sense. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I may be ignorant in saying this, but don't 90% of criminals all act/think mostly the same way? I mean, there are only so many options in stealing, killing, breaking in, ect that you can do and I'd say they have all tried them all at this point. I'd believe someone who has actually worked with criminals that just going off my own asumptions. My dad was a cop and has worked in the prison cell areas, so even I hear stories. I would think that most people in that correctional facility have all tried something different.

The whole issue is if people would just be more aware of their surroundings, some of this stuff could be prevented. When I shop I usually don't piddle around. I get what I need to get and leave (part of the reason is because I can't stand crowds). I'm always looking around me, people watching, etc. Usually I can spot if someone is tailing me. Plus its not usually hard to get lost in a crowd if you knwo someone is following you (especially since I'm small in stature).

Edit: Removed inflammatory comment in quoted reply.

Yes the large majority of them think the same way thats why they either get caught or end up coming back b/c they dont plan things out they take what is presented in from of them w/ no planning or thinking ahead. It may make sense to find someone who lives close to a store and follow them and rob them from our point of view b/c we have rational thinking, when it comes to criminals who most of the time commit crimes when they are high drunk or fuled with rage they do not have rational thinking. They may think ahead as far as going to try and get an easy score for a PS4 by stealing one in a parking lot but beyond that they are pretty dumb

Message 81 of 84 (5,899 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

If you are 21 or older, you can get a weapon concealed permit, which allows you to carry a concealed weapon. A gun is always better than a knife. What if the robber pulls out a .45 magum and all you have is your little knife. He can put a bullet in your head. And all this shiit talk about not being able to protect yourself, is BS. If someone is trying to rob you, you have every right to defend yourself. They attacked you, its not like you going around killing people. I like to see these people who claim you cant use viloence against viloence, and you should call the cops instead. By the time the cops show up, you are probably dead. I bet they will reget not protecting themseleve from heaven. lol

Yes you can protect your self. But state laws are strict on if and when you can use weapons or not. As I posted in the other topic. My state if some one is robbing my house. I can not pull  a weapon to protect my self unless that person is physically attacking me. If I pull my weapon either for scare tactic or from fear. I can be prosecuted my self if the person isn't physically harming me. Understand there are laws saying what you can and can't do. There are cases of people in jail due to them trying to protect themselves when they used a weapon to do it.

It used to be like that here but they changed the laws about a year and a half ago,we can now shoot them dead as they are coming in the door whether they have a weapon or not..Castle law is in effect,even if i go out to one of my outbuildings and someone is breaking in i still have the same right if i am in fear for my life,but they do NOT have to be armed to do so.

there was just a case recently just about a mile from here and a guy came home while his home was being robbed,the robber didn't know the man had a shotgun in his truck and he went into his home and blasted him away,then they found out that robber was behind many others in the area..he got shipped out in a body bag and the victim got a handshake from the LEO's.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 82 of 84 (5,886 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 29, 2013

I actually brought a knife to GTA V's release. Law enforcement was there, so I was safe, I guess, but during GTA IV's release, I saw several people get robbed of their copies. And I lived in a good part of town.

People go insane over this crap. I can't say bringing a knife is a bad idea, but bringing a **bleep** steak knife is kind of overkill.

English, mother****er, do you speak it?
Message 83 of 84 (5,876 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 29, 2013

wow. this is amazing. im a bit surprised at how much this thread took off. goes to show you never know i guess. it wasnt really a funny post though. seems like the latest generations idea of humor is...its different, not fair of me to judge it (but i do anyway)

alot of people should NOT carry a weapon, be it; knife, baton, stungun or a gun. the simple truth is that some people, most people are not mature enough and the ease of access to such weapons scares me. getting political here, nevermind.

i am a licensed ccw, and i conceal anywhere i legaly can anyways. always have always will, and if a particular stores doesnt allow conceal carry...then i dont shop there.

im not a fan of midnight releases anyway. brings out the crazy in some people, and i work at 5am so...wouldnt pan out well.

""putting my portable id here via moblie device is not as simple as i thought copy/paste function doesnt want to copy it right, oh well""
Message 84 of 84 (5,841 Views)
0 Likes