Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Re: Well, I'm bringing a knife to the PS4 Midnight Launch

Sep 28, 2013

Yes you can protect your self. But state laws are strict on if and when you can use weapons or not. As I posted in the other topic. My state if some one is robbing my house. I can not pull  a weapon to protect my self unless that person is physically attacking me. If I pull my weapon either for scare tactic or from fear. I can be prosecuted my self if the person isn't physically harming me. Understand there are laws saying what you can and can't do. There are cases of people in jail due to them trying to protect themselves when they used a weapon to do it.

Yea that's how it is here where I live too, even if your home is being rob/B&E you can only use deadly force if your life is being physically threaten. If their not actually harming you, deadly force can't be used. Now in the state I lived in before moving here. The stand your ground law had just passed. 

Message 71 of 84 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Sep 28, 2013
Get a phone tell a to pull up and be ready outside, make sure no one is staring at you as you leave the store. Maybe even have another friend old the door open so you can just jump in and have driver take off.

Bring crap (random items, clothing or something with you and put ps4 in a bag and throw the crap on top of it in a cart (if its a store like walmart)
Message 72 of 84 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Sep 28, 2013
All of this makes me wonder if anyone would attempt to rob a FedEx truck.
Your rules don't apply to me.
Message 73 of 84 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Sep 28, 2013

RageInducedGamer wrote:

No point. All the boxes in the back are crushed and just thrown in there. Smiley LOL

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 74 of 84 (209 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Well known stores who will do a midnight launch will have local police/sheriff there, like BestBuy and WalMart. Or even hired security if the store doesn't have any like Target security. Then again I would bring something with me, but wouldn't take it inside the store.

YB

Message 75 of 84 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

RageInducedGamer wrote:

No point. All the boxes in the back are crushed and just thrown in there. Smiley LOL

Call me slow, but I'm not sure what you mean by that.
I'd hope the FedEx guy delivering my PS4 on November 15th would have my PS4 and not just a crushed box.
I'll just assume you mean they won't take care with my delivery and it'll get damaged somehow.

Message 76 of 84 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Sep 28, 2013

RageInducedGamer wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

RageInducedGamer wrote:

I'd hope the FedEx guy delivering my PS4 on November 15th would have my PS4 and not just a crushed box.
I'll just assume you mean they won't take care with my delivery and it'll get damaged somehow.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 77 of 84 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Sep 28, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

RageInducedGamer wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

RageInducedGamer wrote:

After waiting as long as I have for my PS4 to release. Literally staring at a countdown since August 20th. I'd hope the FedEx person takes care of my package. Otherwise it won't be a very nice delivery scene.

I've ordered plenty of packages online though. From Computers to my 3DSXL just earlier this year.
Not sure how much of it came from FedEx though. I'm almost certain it was from USPS and UPS.

Here's hoping they don't screw things up.

Message 78 of 84 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

jarocc74 wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What makes you think everyone lives 5 mins away from Gamestop / Best Buy / Walmart / Target? Who's going to bother to follow someone maybe 45 mins away just to see where they live w/ no idea of what kind of house security is there or how many guns the owner has a choice of using when they decided to break in, when the opportunity to steal something is right then right now.

I work around criminals everyday at work, they take opportunities not long term planning of stalking someone to where they live compared to the chance to take something right then with a known value

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I never said everyone live 5 minutes away, so get it straight before you comment. Obviously they will use some common sense and not to target someone that lives 20 miles out. Then again some people can't use common sense to read a post. A lot of the time when people shop they tend to stop other places. Maybe you live in Mayberry or somewhere stores are miles apart. Here shopping centers chain together so people may go in one store come out and into another, or drive a few feet to another shopping mall/plaza to continue their shopping. You never know who is out in these different places watching you. I had a guy come up to me trying to sell me some stolen merchandise worth thousands of dollars, after I refuse to buy he left got into a car cross the parking lot. Then when they left two other cars one which had out of town plates left shortly. If I had bought that merchandise one of those cars where there to tail me to see where I stay to rob me, and retrieve the items. So you don't sound like to me your very good at what you do.

Are you serious????? LOL!!!!! You talk about common sense???? You really think that some person who is out to randomly try to steal someone's PS4 at a mid night release is going to possibly know where anyone that is there actually lives and not pick out someone that lives far away in order to follow them and then rob their house to ...... wow

I've worked in a Medium / Maximum security prison for over 10 years, I know how criminals work, I know how they think. A very large portion of the people that are in there are in for robbery b/c they needed to sell items for drug money. They are people of opportunity, not someone who is going to randomly pick someone out in a parking lot hoping they might live close by and then follow them all the way home. That's nice for you to make an assumption that I'm not good at what I do (b/c I'm sure you have a lot of experience working inside a prision or with criminals on a regular baisis correct? ) based on absolutely nothing at all but one thing I can tell from your posts is that you have zero common sense. 

Message 79 of 84 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

jarocc74 wrote:

Are you serious????? LOL!!!!! You talk about common sense???? You really think that some person who is out to randomly try to steal someone's PS4 at a mid night release is going to possibly know where anyone that is there actually lives and not pick out someone that lives far away in order to follow them and then rob their house to ...... wow

I've worked in a Medium / Maximum security prison for over 10 years, I know how criminals work, I know how they think. A very large portion of the people that are in there are in for robbery b/c they needed to sell items for drug money. They are people of opportunity, not someone who is going to randomly pick someone out in a parking lot hoping they might live close by and then follow them all the way home. That's nice for you to make an assumption that I'm not good at what I do (b/c I'm sure you have a lot of experience working inside a prision or with criminals on a regular baisis correct? ) based on absolutely nothing at all but one thing I can tell from your posts is that you have zero common sense. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I may be ignorant in saying this, but don't 90% of criminals all act/think mostly the same way? I mean, there are only so many options in stealing, killing, breaking in, ect that you can do and I'd say they have all tried them all at this point. I'd believe someone who has actually worked with criminals that just going off my own asumptions. My dad was a cop and has worked in the prison cell areas, so even I hear stories. I would think that most people in that correctional facility have all tried something different.

The whole issue is if people would just be more aware of their surroundings, some of this stuff could be prevented. When I shop I usually don't piddle around. I get what I need to get and leave (part of the reason is because I can't stand crowds). I'm always looking around me, people watching, etc. Usually I can spot if someone is tailing me. Plus its not usually hard to get lost in a crowd if you knwo someone is following you (especially since I'm small in stature).

Edit: Removed inflammatory comment in quoted reply.

Message 80 of 84 (5,862 Views)
0 Likes