Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Re: Welcome new arrivals!

Jun 12, 2013

Oooh...new people!

*waves*

Hi new people! 

Welcome to the forums! Check out as many of the different sub-sections as you care to; make sure to visit the general Games sections and Off Topic forum, as well as just going through specific game sections (just be aware some are ghost-towns Smiley Sad )

Don't be afraid to ask questions, and participate when you can! Getting a feel for the community before posting (are they serious about the game they're discussing, do they go OT a lot, do they joke a lot, etc) can help as well.

And someone's gotta say it (grumble grumble); just make sure to stay on the good side of the mods. Forum rules are posted under the FAQ section (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/Rules-of-Conduct-amp-Forum-G... specifically), and as long as you don't push the boundaries too far you should be fine. Light trolling, spam and the like can be forgiven if you're a good poster otherwise (and its infrequent enough), and try not to get a reputation for any negative forum quality before hitting 5K or so posts. Smiley Tongue

Message 41 of 106 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
892 posts

Jun 12, 2013

All current, new, and returning PS gamers come hither.  Let us rejoice and sing the song of peace, harmony, love, and unity for us console gamers.

KUMBAYA, my Lord!  KUMBAYA!  **** your DRM!  KUMBAYA!  **** you Microsoft!  KUMBAYA!  Yay more freedom, KUMBAYA!

Message 42 of 106 (213 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Hello, I'm a new user from Xbox. It's just really sad what Microsoft has done. It's just extraordinarily weird that they would do those stupid things. I'll be selling my Xbox 360 so I can buy the PS4. Once I finally get myself a job, I will obviously be buying an Xbox One. My plan has always been to get the current Sony and Microsoft consoles at the same time, building a gaming desktop once I do get a job. It's sad though how I'll loose all my progress on Battlefield 3. Atleast it still stays on Battlelog. I can't wait to see what BF4 looks like on PS4. I've always have had plenty of favorite PS3 games, even though I've never played them. I hope to have a good experience on the PS4. Smiley Happy

BF3 Stats
Message 43 of 106 (209 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1627 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

welcome xbots.. Enjoy the forums.

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 44 of 106 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I've been an owner of Xbox since the first day it came out, yes, ever since the REAL Xbox one and Xbox 360! I just bought a Ps3 a week ago and havent touched my 360 since. I will be buying the new Ps4 and NOT the Xbox One. Can't wait!

Message 45 of 106 (180 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14307 posts

Jun 12, 2013
Hi and welcome to the forums, former Xbox forum members! Smiley Happy

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 46 of 106 (177 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45316 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Welcome to the PSN forums all you new members.

It seems a lot of you already had previous PS consoles, so you know about all of the great racing titles available to you, whether you like fast arcade racers, such as the new GRID2, or the best the sim world has to offer on consoles - Gran Turismo and Project CARS.

Message 47 of 106 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
424 posts

Jun 12, 2013

welcome all to the PS community you well love playstation 3 and 4 sony is the best and its the best time to get a ps3 cause Plus is going throught the roofs good discounts good AAA title games per month

Message 48 of 106 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Dang, Good to see many jumped before the ship started to sink. I used to be the only person in my family to own all the PlayStation consoles. Now me and my three brothers are all saving up.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 49 of 106 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

I've jumped ship because the PS4 is the gamer's choice where as the Xbox is supposed to be the family entertainment system dont get me wrong MS' plan is a legitimate plan it will sell very well over time, but the PS4 will sell more worldwide by a huge margin. The PS4 sits in the position once held by the Xbox 360 some years ago, but this time around with so much to offer the average gamer there is no question which console is better. The only concern I have with the PS4 is the PS+ service whether its better than LIVE because the reason why i jumped ship to an Xbox 360 was that its service even though paid for went to make everything proceed at a smooth pace either download times or simply having basic hacker protection which PSN lacked. Im looking beyond the fanboys and the specs which are comparable to a mid range gaming PC. 

Connectivity

Community/Social 

Service Quality

IF Sony can check off all 3 of these things and even oust the performance of LIVE many many more people of hardcore xbox fanboys and PC fanboys will also come in the later months.

Right now im stuck with my PC and 360 I had a PS3 and the laser burnt out the 2nd day I had it and just from a weird paranoia i have I will not be playing actually online until or IF I get a PS4. Sony is in the lead, but the battle is not over M$ could bring a crippling blow or not do anything at all we still have a few months to wait so don't just assume everything is fine and dandy with the PS4 im sure it has its weaknesses as does the xbox. 

Message 50 of 106 (138 Views)