May 14 2012
By: webbut Lombax Warrior 258 posts

Welcome Park and Vita Preloaded Apps

7 replies 77 views Edited May 14, 2012

Is there anything particularly fun that comes pre loaded on the vita? I know that theres a welcome park, but i never opened it. The 3DS came preloaded with the face Raiders AR game and the target practice AR game as well as the Street Pass Plaza thing that had the little Mii RPG and the puzzle collecting. I liked all of those and every once and a while will still play them. I was wondering if there were cool games hidden* on my vita that i didn't know about. I tried looking at the near app but nothing there made sense. All I got from it was that it was sony's verson of street pass.

* By hidden I just mean i never thought to look.

Message 1 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Re: Welcome Park and Vita Preloaded Apps

May 14, 2012

That's pretty much it. The other apps are just standards features for the system.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 2 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

May 14, 2012

Okay.. well did you download the 3 AR games off of PSN that are free for the Vita??  2 of the 3 are really worth it I think..

Message 3 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

May 16, 2012

SteveO1966 wrote:

Okay.. well did you download the 3 AR games off of PSN that are free for the Vita??  2 of the 3 are really worth it I think..

See i didn't even know about those. I was wondering why I had AR cards and no AR games. What are they about?

Message 4 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9291 posts

May 16, 2012

Fireworks is all about tapping fireballs on your screen and exploding the fireworks at the optimal moment to get the highest score (I think it only requires one AR Card, but it's best with 3).

Cliff Diving, sort of the same thing to perform the perfect dive (requires at least two cards with one 'on a platform' higher than the other).

Table Soccer is pretty self explanatory and uses all 6 cards (I never actually played this one, so can't really explain how it works).

If you are missing a card, or have duplicates (common issues with the AR cards out of the box), you can print the one(s) you are missing off the Playstation site somewhere.  Apparently some people have actually gotten them to work hand drawn as well.

Message 5 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

May 16, 2012

Intresting. I need to remember this when i get home.

Message 6 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

May 16, 2012

Yea..  the first 2 are pretty good..  Table Soccer = Fail LOL..  or at least most didn't like it.  Cliff Diving I think is by far the best

Opps, plus there are like 3 other free games,  MotorStorm RC, Treasures Of Montezuma and Paint Park

Message 7 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

May 16, 2012

Well you should mess with Welcome Park it has a few little fun things in it. It has a skateboarding mini game that's fun, a tap challenge, a puzzle slider game (lets you take a photo), a face box thing....(this one is kind of weird), and a music maker (You can actually make something decent if you mess with it enough)

And all of them keep track of your highscores and give you star ratings and unlock trophys.

Plus theres some hidden stuff in the menu that's pretty fun

Message 8 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes