May 17 2011
By: NuclearNavySEAL First Son 11 posts
Accepted Solution

Welcome Back Package Eligibilty Question

20 replies 18 views Edited May 17, 2011

Hello, I was just wondering... Before the whole PSN outage I bought a PSP and signed up with a PSN, a few days ago I went to gamestop and bought a PS3. Here's my question; I used the same PSN from my PSP on my PS3. Obviously I get the 2 free PSP games, but do I also get the PS3 games?

Message 1 of 21 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Re: Welcome Back Package Eligibilty Question

May 17, 2011

From whats being said its for ACTIVE acounts before the outtage so youe PSP would be eligable but now so sure about the PS3 becuase it wasnt activated at the time.

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
Message 2 of 21 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 17, 2011

But technically it WAS active, just not on the PS3.

Message 3 of 21 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 17, 2011

You make a good point. I guess all I can do now is hope for the best. Thanks for the input.

Message 4 of 21 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 17, 2011

pretty sure its based onthe activated hardware. Otherwise i could go buy a PSP right now and do the reverse if you get my meaning.

Point is that they are rewarding people that went through this not people that are gettign systems now. jsut remember that IF you do call Sony for a definitive answer not to sound entitled 

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
Message 5 of 21 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2000 posts

May 17, 2011

While we're on the subject of eligibility, does anyone know if the Welcome Back package counts toward sub accounts too? I'd imagine as much, no? Sub accountscsuffered the same amount of outage time as master accounts and can freely play online both pre and post outage restoration. Yet, i somehow doubt this to be true. Any clarification or insight would be appreciated.

"The Difference Between Vengeance and Redemption is That You Usually Have to Die After the Latter. You Pay a Heavier Price for Vengeance in the Long Run Though...and the Extra Weight that's Lifted off Your Shoulders, not to mention your Soul, that Redemption Provides Might Just be Enough to Sway You."
Message 6 of 21 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 17, 2011

Im going to go with no, but its plausible and heres why i say no... Master accoutns have a CC and sub accoutns can have their own... but ALL the DLC on the system istelf is cross useable. and its still one hardware line item. so.. yeah...

Message 7 of 21 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

May 17, 2011

They may not make it that way, you don't know for sure. All i know is i have a PSP-3000 but i don't have access to wireless internet only wired, so i can't go on PSN on my PSP, the only way i can download games to it is by downloading them on my PS3 and transferring to my PSP via USB cable. If they don't let me use my PS3 to claim the 2 free PSP games, they will lose me as a PSP customer.

Message 8 of 21 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2000 posts

May 17, 2011

I'm initially leaning toward No as well, i'm only skeptic because the program was announced for ALL PSN users affected by the outage. There was no wording to oust sub accounts from the offer. However, your point is valid and also why i'm still unsure of the correct answer. Again, leaning toward Not Eligible mysrlf.

"The Difference Between Vengeance and Redemption is That You Usually Have to Die After the Latter. You Pay a Heavier Price for Vengeance in the Long Run Though...and the Extra Weight that's Lifted off Your Shoulders, not to mention your Soul, that Redemption Provides Might Just be Enough to Sway You."
Message 9 of 21 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

May 17, 2011

Phuqiu wrote:

pretty sure its based onthe activated hardware. Otherwise i could go buy a PSP right now and do the reverse if you get my meaning.

Point is that they are rewarding people that went through this not people that are gettign systems now. jsut remember that IF you do call Sony for a definitive answer not to sound entitled 

Sony recognizes that a lot of users do not necessarily have activated hardware, so it's reasonable that accounts created before the outage may be allowed to download the two free PS3 games, even though they never activated a PS3.

Message 10 of 21 (18 Views)
0 Likes