Sep 11 2012
By: mrbang First Son 6 posts

Weird? 2 new games from amazon won't work?

3 replies 95 views Edited Sep 11, 2012

I just bought Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 from Amazon and my PS3 slim 500GB doesn't even see either disc. I bought Darksiders 2 when it came out and that has been fine. When I put the brand new Uncharted 3 in the PS3 didn't even "see" a disc, so I put some old game in and it worked fine. Then I tried Uncharted 3 a few more times and nothing, The PS3 spins it for a little while then makes a sound like it's ejecting it but doesn't.

Then I opened my new copy of Killzone 3 and the same darn thing. Help me......................arghhhhhhh!

Everything else is working several old games tried and worked. 

Darksiders2 worked new 3 weeks ago.

I'm stumped.

TIA

mrbang

Message 1 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Re: Weird? 2 new games from amazon won't work?

Sep 11, 2012

Weird. Do the bottoms of the discs look ok and not magnetized or anything?

Message 2 of 4 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 11, 2012

I don't know what magnatized looks like but there is kind of a slight wavy rainbow effect around the disc on killzone 3

Message 3 of 4 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Sep 11, 2012

theres nothing "magnetic" about a disc........

the data layer is a foil that is STAMPED with pits and lands.... a magnet is not going to mess that up. unless the actual foil layer has been scratched like many CDRs tend to do.

Printed/burned discs will not be affected by magnetism..... not even a BD disc that has a thick scratch resistant coating.

It likely all possible that both discs came from a bad batch....... you can ask for a replacement

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 4 (74 Views)
0 Likes