Feb 24 2014
By: bothebo First Son 6 posts

We need some AAA Games on the Vita NOW!

9 replies 352 views Edited Feb 24, 2014

You can read and therefore you probably know what this thread is about. As a vita owner of two years, I am greatly disappointed in the Vita's future library. Now, the key word there is future, because I am not saying the Vita doesn't have good games, rather there aren't many good games in the future. In my opinion, you could play through the Vita's library in roughly 9 months to a year (meaning all the games you wanted to play). As someone who as already played every game I want to play, what does the future hold for me? It holds, ports, (crappy) indies, and multiplatform games. I own roughly 30+ games for the Vita, but only two games announced for the Vita currently have me interested: Minecraft and FFX. So I ask you Sony, to please announce more games at E3. Additionally, I want to see what games other want as well! 

Message 1 of 10 (352 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: We need some AAA Games on the Vita NOW!

Feb 24, 2014

Toukiden and Dragon Ball Z just release not to long ago and those are high budget titles. Maybe you should check those out?

Message 2 of 10 (346 Views)
Lombax Warrior
64 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

I don't like those types of games. Maybe DBZ but only when it drops in price. I want games like Ratchet and Clank. Uncharted, Killzone, basically American game. 

And NOT PORTS. I'm sick of those. I want exclusive games. Tearaway is a excellent start.

PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
Consoles: PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | X360 | XBOX | NES
Handhelds: Vita | 3DS XL | Gameboy Advance | Gameboy Color | Gameboy Pocket | iOS | Android
Message 3 of 10 (343 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

Feb 24, 2014

I don't know why people only want AAA games, most of them are usually almost always multiplatform games, cost way too much to develop and usually cannot survive on one platfrom alone to reach that coveted 'AAA' status. 

Advertising budget does not a good game make. The vita has a super good lineup this year, it's the system I have the most pre-orders/wants so far, followed by my 3DS. 

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 4 of 10 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

Don't try,i guess many companies and devs already forgot us and if they wanted to announce new AAA game they could tried it before,for example the game X is coming in the end of 2014 for Vita but as you can see there's nothing and it really hurts!!!

I really don't understand why Sony wants to lose its market to other companies such as Nintendo or Apple and Google,what's the point? maybe some guy from Sony marketing can explain it to us!!!!

PSVITA Lover!!!!
Message 5 of 10 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Feb 24, 2014
Sony needs to established RECOGNIZED franchises, recognized by the majority of gamers, not mostly PS gamers. If you ask someone if they prefer Mario or Tearaway, they're going to think, "what the heck is Tearaway?" and say Mario because they know what it is.
Message 6 of 10 (328 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

Feb 24, 2014

DuxDub wrote:
Sony needs to established RECOGNIZED franchises, recognized by the majority of gamers, not mostly PS gamers. If you ask someone if they prefer Mario or Tearaway, they're going to think, "what the heck is Tearaway?" and say Mario because they know what it is.

Mario is a cultural icon known beyond gaming. It's almost unfair to put Mario up against pretty much anything except for Sonic, Space Invaders and PacMan. 

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 7 of 10 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

im getting tired of SonyRe: We need some AAA Games on the Vita NOW!

Feb 24, 2014
Message 8 of 10 (316 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 24, 2014

I'm still really surprised that Gran Turismo isn't on the Vita yet. The Vita lacks quality racers; the only two good ones so far being Need Ford Speed and WRC 3. I'd love to see a GT with a proper career mode. At this point I'd even settle for the option of purchasing GT & GT2 from the PS One section if we could. 

Message 9 of 10 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Feb 24, 2014

I know that this argument abhors ports, but Borderlands 2 and the God of War Collection are coming.  There is a whole market of people out there that never owned a console that these titles were originally on that could be persuaded to buy a Vita because of these.  I agree that more, new games would be great, but, let's not discount the balue of some of the ports slated to come out.

Also, this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but, if we really want more games coming, we have to be party to creating a wider install base.  When that new Vita comes out, buy one (or simply buy another old model).  SHOW publishers that there's a market.  That's the issue here, and you all know it.

I love my Vita, and I want to see it get support, but all the wishful thinking in the world isn't going to put more Vitas in people's hands.  Someone has to be willint to assume the risk, and, since this is so important to us, why can't we be the ones to do it?

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 10 (271 Views)
0 Likes