PlayStation MVP
23814 posts

Re: We need more ps3 apps?

Aug 12, 2012

"For the heck of it"? is it that I'm an independent thinker, who doesn't go along with any and EVERY idea that comes down the pipe, no matter how ill conceived it may or may not be? 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 12, 2012

LOL, "independent thinker" is one way of putting it, IMO your responses come off as overly sarcastic and not very helpful most of the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14994 posts

Aug 12, 2012

You know where I get my facespace and youtube on?

My phone and my computer.......

I dont need "apps" cluttering my PS3

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23814 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

LOL, "independent thinker" is one way of putting it, IMO your responses come off as overly sarcastic and not very helpful most of the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Aug 12, 2012
I love that show the big bang theory "OUR WHOLE UNIVERSE STARTED IN A....... "
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Aug 12, 2012
Oh koo I didn't ask where you use them at I want an individual app for each. YouTube on the ps3 is gay even YouTube XL. And Facebook well it sometimes loads as the mobile version and when I load up the desktop view it takes forever for everything to load up.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Aug 12, 2012

It really shouldn't be that hard for sony to add the apps to the PS3 as all current sony blue ray players have these.  The problem is that alot of people out there and Sony consider it a "Gaming Machine" over anything else.  To an extent that's what it should be.  If it became something that an average person would buy and not even really use as a "Gaming Machine", it would no longer be what it is. 

Now i'm not going to say that i didn't wish it had more do dad's and gadgets because i do.  I wish it had:

More Apps :smileywink:

Ethernet Controll Capability

More IPhone and Idevice integration

An official sony brand usb ir sensor

there's more but i can't think of them right now :smileyindifferent:

The only way i see this hapening is if Sony was to come out with some sort of "Entertainment Machine" that would also be powerfull enough to play ps3 games.  But this is wishfull thinking.

The main reason i wish this would happen is that if the PS3 had these things, is that there is nothing else out there with the power that the ps3 has that does all these things.  Most blue ray players are dreadfully slow, and in my mind a bunch of garbage compared to the ps3 from a blue ray standpoint. 

If it did have these abilitys, i know i would install a great bit of them and make it the main part of alot of entertainment systems.  If it simply had ethernet controll, i could tie it into comlex and some simple home automation and remote controll systems. 

With internet style apps like Pandora and YouTube becoming almost standard on most home electronic equipment such as tv's, blue ray.s and now surround sound receivers, i doubt they will ever show up on the ps3.

There will always be the "just use something else to do it"  side of the arguement that will keep this from ever hapening.

But then again this is only my opinion :smileywink:

and "i'm just sayin" :smileytongue:

photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 13, 2012
It is also notable that with the X360 in order to access many of their apps requires a subscription to XBL, so you do have to pay to get access to those apps. On the PS3 the apps designed so far have been free, although I wouldn't be surprised that new ones made in the future might require a PS+ subscription....
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Aug 14, 2012
YouTube app on ps3 is out today aaaa FINALLY!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (22 Views)
0 Likes