Mar 28 2014
By: CoonAss84 First Son 2 posts

We need a single user login option for the PS4 controller

[ Edited ]
2 replies 205 views Edited Mar 28, 2014

It has become a bit annoying and redundant to have to select a user account every time you turn the Ps4 controller on when their is only one user on the system. I get that this would be good for consoles with multiple users, but with a single user, its excessive with asking who is playing. If im the only user setup on the console, just go straight to the interface or whatever is on when i turn my controller back on from its power save auto-shut off.

So far this is my only real complaint, otherwise im greatly enjoying the system (had it since launch). Did have a thought be being able to play your own music that you load onto the system during gameplay. like make your own playlist from your musci then have at it. 

title edited for more clarity: For more information Please see Thanks! GuardianBelle

Message 1 of 3 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: Single user login

Mar 28, 2014

CoonAss84 wrote:

It has become a bit annoying and redundant to have to select a user account every time you turn the Ps4 controller on when their is only one user on the system. I get that this would be good for consoles with multiple users, but with a single user, its excessive with asking who is playing. If im the only user setup on the console, just go straight to the interface or whatever is on when i turn my controller back on from its power save auto-shut off.

So far this is my only real complaint, otherwise im greatly enjoying the system (had it since launch). Did have a thought be being able to play your own music that you load onto the system during gameplay. like make your own playlist from your musci then have at it. 

Welcome to the forums!

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/autologin.html

After doing a little quick research, the PS4 does have automatic log in, which logs in to the user you use the most. I currently use automatic log in with my PS3.

Music Unlimited, a paid service, lets you listen to music while playing games. It has been a complaint by many to have MP3/CD support as well and Sony has taken note of this months ago. Hopefully they will add this feature. The PS4 is still fairly new. Enjoy!

Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Single user login

Mar 28, 2014

Thanks for the reply ossiecastro5. I do have that setting enabled, but its only for when the system is turned on. it does not do anything when you turn on the controller while the system is already running. Turning on the controller currently brings up the user login screen.

Message 3 of 3 (195 Views)
0 Likes