Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 02 2010
By: Lapwner Lombax Warrior 243 posts

We Keep WipEout HD Forever

16 replies 65 views Edited Jul 2, 2010

Just telling you guys, WipEout HD doesn't have an expire date, so it seems we get to keep it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (65 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Re: We Keep WipEout HD Forever

Jul 2, 2010

Any proof? Pictures/listings/etc? If this is true I'll sign up for Plus. I was going to buy Wipeout this week anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Jul 2, 2010

When I go to "Information" on WipEout HD it doesn't say anything about an expiration date, but on all of my other PS+ files (Age of Zombies, Rally Cross) it does say an expiration date (15 months from now). This is all I have now for proof, won't be 100% sure until 15 months from now, lol. I think it's because it was a Demo + an unlock key. They can't time an unlock key, as it just automatically fully unlocks the demo.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (65 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Oh so you mean 15 months because of the year + 3 month extension? Where as Wipeout doesn't have one? That's cool. Kind of ready to jump on PLUS now.

Good post.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (65 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7923 posts

Jul 2, 2010

SO unfair.  I bought WipEout HD a LONG time ago at full price.  Even bought the Fury expansion (which is WAY cool, btw).  So all in all I spent $30 on WipEout HD, PLUS the $50 for PSN+, and now I find out that WipEout HD is a permanent bonus.  Grrr!  Oh well...  nothing I can do about it now.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8303 posts

Jul 2, 2010

BBurgSteve wrote:

SO unfair.  I bought WipEout HD a LONG time ago at full price.  Even bought the Fury expansion (which is WAY cool, btw).  So all in all I spent $30 on WipEout HD, PLUS the $50 for PSN+, and now I find out that WipEout HD is a permanent bonus.  Grrr!  Oh well...  nothing I can do about it now.

You win some and you lose some, sadly. I remember that I was going to buy PixelJunk Shooter. I decided to wait for months and months, positive that it would go on sale with the rest of the PixelJunk collection, but it didn't happen, so I bought it and two weeks later, it goes on sale for half off, and I could have bought two PJ games.

Same with Turtles In Time, I waited and waited, only to give in and buy it anyway, then it goes on sale a few weeks later.

You win some, you lose some.

Take back the future
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (65 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4666 posts

Jul 3, 2010
They said Wipeout HD is bound to the subscription, it's probably just a glitch that will fix itself in time. So just be prepared in case they do that.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (65 Views)
Fender Bender
4606 posts

Jul 3, 2010

Meh.  I highly doubt that I'd be playing Wipeout HD 15 months from now anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Jul 3, 2010

The expiration date for wipeout HD is in the XMB under Playstation Network > Acount Managment > Transaction Management > Services List > Wipeout HD > Wipeout HD full game unlcok -Entitlement. There it says start and end date.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (65 Views)
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jul 3, 2010

Wipeout HD is yours to keep, until your subscription ends

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (65 Views)
0 Likes