Message 41 of 49 (860 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Re: Water Cooled Playstation 4

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Cool project and props for making it work but nothing I would ever want to do. My PS3 has run for 7 years with no additional cooling and never over heated and my PS4 has done some very long game sessions right from the start and I've never experienced any lag or different type of performance b/c of it.

Also there is no such thing as "heavy" or "more demanding games". All games will run the same on the PS4 regardless of what it is. Just b/c you play for a longer extended period of time does not mean the system keeps getting hotter and hotter. It all depends on how much ventilation it has from the start anyway. Once the fans kick on high and dissipate all the heat they need to the temps will fall back to previous levels and the fans may never kick on high anyway. Longer gaming does not = higher system temps. Is the longer you drive your car the hotter the engine gets? No... Once it reaches a specific temp it stays that way by means of the fan and cooling. Works the same way for a game system its just much more simple with just a fan.

Thanks. The thing being is im into water cooling, and to me having it run 10 degrees cooler if not more is worth the project for me. I mean honestly the main game im waiting for is GTA 5, aside from that I dont play too much on the PS4, maybe some call of duty etc. I mainly play starcraft 2 or other games on the computer. In my opinion it came out good, but it could be much nicer in apperance, so I am working on it still. A lot of people keep saying why do this why waste money this n that, to me its not a waste, Its a hobby, people spend hundred of thousands of dollars on car collections, which they dont even ever drive. But its a hobby none the less. Id rather do something productive and creative than just sit behind the tv and not do anything at all you know? I wasnt trying to prove a point that PS4 has to be water cooled or should be or needs to be, just that it is possible. Thats it. Smiley Happy 

Message 42 of 49 (857 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 26, 2013

And for those who were curious about the desk itself which i planned to cool the ps4 in, here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdlc96yVWRo&feature=youtu.be

Message 43 of 49 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8502 posts

Dec 26, 2013

PBKyank wrote:

And for those who were curious about the desk itself which i planned to cool the ps4 in, here you go...

haha... Dat kknd player's guide Smiley Tongue

Message 44 of 49 (832 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1179 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Hmmmm, so you can go Back To The Future with that thing?!?!

Message 45 of 49 (831 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 26, 2013

kknd2002 wrote:

PBKyank wrote:

haha... Dat kknd player's guide Smiley Tongue

Lol yup it was my first PC game I played on win 95 back in the day lol

Message 46 of 49 (826 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2013

Kelsinator wrote:

Hmmmm, so you can go Back To The Future with that thing?!?!

I hope one day Smiley Happy 

Message 47 of 49 (824 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 9, 2014
Some people just don't get it. Amazing job, OP. You might have mentioned it but I missed it, what block are you using? I'm planning on completely disassembling my Xbox one, ps4, Wii u and also my PC and housing them all in a custom case that I'm building, then liquid cooling them all (except wii u). The front of the"case" will have a 1440 monitor that I've already modded to be bezel-less. The case use to be a bureau.
Message 48 of 49 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 9, 2014

RobusTusk wrote:
Some people just don't get it. Amazing job, OP. You might have mentioned it but I missed it, what block are you using? I'm planning on completely disassembling my Xbox one, ps4, Wii u and also my PC and housing them all in a custom case that I'm building, then liquid cooling them all (except wii u). The front of the"case" will have a 1440 monitor that I've already modded to be bezel-less. The case use to be a bureau.

That sounds like an awesome project, Robus!

OP, post the data when you can, I'm curious! I'm a mod-freak with my PC so I'd like to see how the console modders do it and the results.

Message 49 of 49 (727 Views)
0 Likes