Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Re: Water Cooled Playstation 4

Dec 25, 2013

PBKyank wrote:

Thanks, I put a 500gb ssd in it lol

um 500 to 500 gb for minus 2-3 seconds on load times?  A 1tb would have been better since knowing your degree of skill with this kind of thing is very proficient  you will want to want to get more storage space soon anyways.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou,balmungfury
Vita owner, PS4 owner(since week 3)

Get your Portable ID!
Message 31 of 49 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 25, 2013

Ya I just put it what I had lieing around, this isnt the final build im working for yet, im just testing it out, thus the reason its on a Wet Bench which makes it easier for me to mess around with, but my final build might be totally dif. As for the SSD the main gain I saw with it was installing the firmware and updates are a whole lot faster, as far as game loading its nothing big at all. Like you said only 2-3 sec dif. 

Message 32 of 49 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Dec 25, 2013
unless u can find a way to overclock the CPU, GPU and RAM Timing and overvoltage the thing, watercooling a closed console is still consider nothing more than a experiment...abeit an interesting one..

Join the Children Of the Enlightened, PS4 Destiny Clan for Singapore!

Message 33 of 49 (506 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 25, 2013

Yea well see, id love to do all that, but in that area, I am no expert. Im good at hardware modding, but not much as far as software or overclocking and such. So I would wait untill someone figures something like that out, then I would follow some tutorials to do it and test some more, but atleast I accomplished my goal of getting the system water cooled, regardless of it being oc'ed or not.  Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 49 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Dec 25, 2013
it's probably not too hard with the ps4 since all it's component are well known off-the-shelf components....unlike the ps3 where overclock the cell and threw off the synchronization timing of the SPU among others..

Join the Children Of the Enlightened, PS4 Destiny Clan for Singapore!

Message 35 of 49 (501 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 25, 2013

yea, good thing also with the PS4 was that it was a single GPU chip that needed cooling, no other chips required a block. BUT the PS3 case was so much easier to work with and you could have easily installed all this stuff inside the case, to keep it compact. Thats what sucked about the PS4 case for me, it has absolutely no extra room for anything lol. 

Message 36 of 49 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Dec 25, 2013

Cool project and props for making it work but nothing I would ever want to do. My PS3 has run for 7 years with no additional cooling and never over heated and my PS4 has done some very long game sessions right from the start and I've never experienced any lag or different type of performance b/c of it.

Also there is no such thing as "heavy" or "more demanding games". All games will run the same on the PS4 regardless of what it is. Just b/c you play for a longer extended period of time does not mean the system keeps getting hotter and hotter. It all depends on how much ventilation it has from the start anyway. Once the fans kick on high and dissipate all the heat they need to the temps will fall back to previous levels and the fans may never kick on high anyway. Longer gaming does not = higher system temps. Is the longer you drive your car the hotter the engine gets? No... Once it reaches a specific temp it stays that way by means of the fan and cooling. Works the same way for a game system its just much more simple with just a fan.

Message 37 of 49 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1782 posts

Dec 25, 2013

what a waste of money. i have no lag and doesnt get hot

Message 38 of 49 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Nice work op Smiley Happy
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 39 of 49 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Dec 25, 2013
...practical
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 40 of 49 (451 Views)
0 Likes